Sonoff ZBMini (zigbee) to Homey Bridge

I have a Homey Bridge and I have to say, it works great. However… I want to make my dumb light switches (the rocker switches) smart with a zigbee module in between. Price quality I arrive at the SONOFF ZBMINI smart switch, but the Sonoff app is not yet available for Homey Bridge.

Is it possible to add an ‘unknown zigbee device’ to my Bridge? In other words… if I press the plus sign next to devices to add a new one, it will automatically search for new devices. Will he find the unknown SONOFF ZBMINI smart switch for the bridge? Because I have not installed the Sonoff app on my bridge?

1 Like

Just try.
But I think mostly lamps and plugs can be added as generic zigbee device.

thanks, but how can I add a generic zigbee device to the homey bridge?

Connect new device > Homey > zigbee

1 Like

ahhhhhh, no way. Never thought there was something behind the homey app in homey :slight_smile: I will try… thanks!

1 Like

Hej
How did this go?

I understand the sonoff app is not yet supporting Bridge. But maybe soon?

At the Sonoff topic, you can ask the developer about plans / possibilities:

I chose for an Aqara Single Switch Module T1. That one works perfect!

Today I tried to connect a Sonoff SNZB-04 sensor to my Homey Bridge as a generic Zigbee device.

It is detected by the bridge.
The app says that there is no associated app so it will be added an unknown device.
After I close the installation wizard, I do not see any new device.
The timeline says that the unknown Zigbee device left the network

Is there a a way to support generic Zigbee devices without having an app for each manufacturer?

Homey only (somewhat) generically supports light bulbs and smart switches. Anything else requires a specific app.

1 Like