Sonoff support

And the problem with no MQTT found probably is more related to your MQTT broker settings?

Thank you for your response, I did not install an MQTT client. I tried to install the MQTT broker. I thought I had failed but if the broker is installed in the application. So I’m going to install the MQTT client application in HOMEY. However, the application only supports onoff capacities and power measurement. So impossible to program an inching mode?
Regards,
Lionel

Inching mode?

Inching mode is the same as pulse mode: when switching ON then automatically OFF again after a short (ajustable) time.

Never heard that before, at risk of going off-topic, what is the use-case?

use-case: a garage door, connect a remote controlled switch in parallel to the existing push button, use the “inching” mode, so your switch imitates the push button. (I hate the name inching, I like Pulse more)

Ah ok, again something learned! I read that you could also just use Tasmota settings for this, that turn off the relay after xx seconds

Thank you

Good evening, can you explain to me how to configure my MQTT client with the TASMOTA Firmware? I do not know this practice at all. Sincerely, Lionel

Sure

Host: ip address of your MQTT broker
Port: 1883 (unless changed in your broker)
Client: leave as is
User: username for your MQTT broker (if set)
Pass: idem
Topic: name for your plug/light etc. Make sure this is unique on your network
Full topic: leave as is

: 4: Hi, I can not connect to my sonoff mini with firmware tasmota. The procedure is not successful. In the MQTT window (host) you have to indicate the IP of my Homey Athom box or something else. In the Android Homey application, I installed the MQTT Broker, with port 1883, it launches but tells me that it has disconnected from the client. when I install the GénéricTasmota application the application tells me time out. I put the IP of my Homey box in the Sonoff application. What to do ? Thanks for your help

I have (soft) reboot the device you want to ad
and then the installation stops

Dear Robert,
is it still valid that original Sonoff devices will not work with your app?
if not what is the reason? I suppose if the app is called Sonoff, it should work with all Sonoff devices, or?
why there is in app icon with original sonoff devices in adding mode?
thanks for quick reply
Martin

A lot has changed since I first developed this app. Initially, most Sonoff devices were supported without the need for flashing different firmware, but at some point Sonoff made that impossible.

At that moment, I started adding support for the Tasmota firmware, which was at the time the most common “alternative” firmware for Sonoff devices.

Since then, Sonoff have also added local/LAN mode, which is an official way of controlling devices locally, without the cloud, using the original firmware.

However, I stopped developing the app because I moved away from Homey, so the local/LAN mode is not implemented in the current app.