[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.37, test v4.0.75)

I took the chance to update my connexoon with the update of yesterday and I am still able to login (Homey) without OAuth enabled. So it’s indeed kind of random.

1 Like

Would it be of some help to adjust this setting to avoid a Somfy ban?

And will this affect my consumer experience dramatically or hardly.

Do you have the KLF200? I’ve been looking into that, but there is so little information available online, even none regarding Homey. I’m still interested because I would lose the internet dependency of the stupid Connexoon.

If you have it, do you already have a way to connect it to Homey?

No i don’t but would like to buy one and get rid of the Connexoon.
As you said, Somfy sucks… :wink:

Let’s find someone who can make an App for the KLF200…

When i went to bed yesterday nothing was working…
When i woke up this morning it worked again!

Meabe Somfy had work in progress yesterday, there also was an firmware update of the Connexoon box.

It would be nice if someone could make an App for the KLF200 from Velux. Then we wouldn’t be dependent of Somfy anymore, it works “offline” and also supports Some products.

1 Like

Maybe add it to the right topic section: Homey community app requests

Hey guys so am I only one with lost scenarios in the app? The list in action flow is empty. I run 2.0.7. can normally login without oauth and i am able to operate blinds. :thinking:

After updating the Tahoma, my IO wall plugs, sun and temp sensors stopped working.
IO awning and rts curtains still work though…
:thinking::thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Where can I find that update?
I’m far behind you.

2.0.7 is in test:

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

Is the source of the Homey app on GitHub? I am one of the developers of the Home Assistant integration and we moved away from calling /setup for each device state in favour of an event polling approach. tahomalink.com provides an event listener that you can poll to receive the latest state updates. According to their docs, you are allowed to pull this every second if you want.

I can understand that that would be a big change for now, but maybe good to have a look at for the future. This should respect the Somfy API limits and avoid bans if I am correct.

5 Likes

Hi Mick,
The app is located at https://github.com/AdyRock/com.somfy.tahoma
The event listener sounds very appealing. What is the endpoint to poll that?
Do you have a link to the HA repository and do you mind if I take ‘advantage’ of it :slight_smile:?

Edit: I have found it. Thanks for the tip, I will implement that ASAP.

4 Likes

Is it also meant for connexoon? Cause I’m unable to login to that webpage. Or it’s my fault and I forgot my password. :thinking:

Status update
The events feature that @iMick told me about is look very promising. Using this should greatly reduce the load on the Somfy server even when compared to the last update.

I have also had a response from somfy via @tetienne that sounds very promising:

Adrian, I am pleased to e-meet you. Hopefully, we will be able to guide you to find a common ground with the Homey plugin as well.

I have taken a day off work to implement the event method so I should have an new test version soon.

9 Likes

The tahomalink.com is the url that is used by the app for all the current communications with the server so it should be OK.

1 Like

Great to hear! Could you possibly send me a DM? I would like to share the full API documentation with you privately, but I am not able to send a DM. (I guess since I am a new user here :smiley: )

Yes, you cannot login on the tahomalink.com website, but the tahomalink.com API is available using your Somfy account.

2 Likes

Unfortunately today an 401 again.
Doesn’t work at all again.

:grimacing:

Thx so much for your efforts!

4 Likes

I just upgraded to latest (test) version and all is now working as it should again. This with a load of velux windows, velux internal blinds, external shade blinds , so it should be a good test.

I had to change login method for Somfy but all worked seamlessly.

Great job by Adrian!

1 Like

With an event listener, no polling is needed anymore. I think thats the best solution, but till then, let’s set the polling to 300 or so.