Smart Implant of garage door and automatic gates

I see you have the advanced parameter set to 20,1,2. It should be 20,1,0. Set them the same as mine. And in the same order.

Hello.
I readded it and somehow it worked without any parameters change. So i don’t think it was properly installed the last time.

All i know need is how to make the button a push button. Now i need to press the button 4 times to make the gate move down and up.

Any ideas?

No one?

I don’t have a Smart Implant, but if you want to use the Smart Implant as a gate opener, you must change 20, 156, 21 and 157 according to the manual.

So this is not a tip based on personal experience but only an advice.

Also, openers are often sensitive to the length of the time the contact is closed. Try changing parameter 156 to 3 to close the contacts for 0.3sec. This solved a problem for me when my gates were operating inconsistently.

It would help us helping you if you could better describe your install, and better describe your setup to operate your door.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I was gonna test the parameters as peter bittner suggested and now you. But i didn’t wanna mess with it since its working now, put aside that i don’t get the " push once" to work.

Hello and thanks again for your reply.
. I don’t know exactly what i can write to help you, to help me, but its connected to and on a hormann gateopener, on output 1.
Its working now, but i have to go into the implant on device page, go overseas to the power button and press it 4 times for it to open and close again… Would be nice to only touch the implant icon on device page

But this could be exactly the problem that @Peter_Bittner describes. Maybe the impulse is too short.

Now my interests are also raised to make the garage door smart. :wink:

@Peter_Bittner, could you give some more information about the magnetic reed switches, e.g. a link? And how you connected them (maybe a picture) and what settings you made at the Implant?
That would be really great.

Reed switches Security Alarm Reed Switch | Jaycar Electronics

To install the switches I simply wired then onto input 1 of the smart implant. But when you do this you have to seperate the inputs from the outputs. This is explained in the post referenced below. Have a read of this and then get back to me if you need more.

I also eventually managed to get the state of the input monitored by the Surveillance App which is another post under Heimdall. This one I think.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information, I will have a look inside.

@DirkG and @Peter_Bittner

Thank you guys. Its working know, bit over truede the raw config before without sucsess. I suspect that ut was not properly the first time since i dont ser an temperature.

Is it possible that a sensor is not properly implemented?

Not sure, I have never utilised the temperature feature. I looked at mine and do have an internal temp reading. I’m assuming that you need a sensor connected to get an external temp, but don’t have any experience in doing that.

Now that will be correct sir. AND u need to add the Smart Implant to Homey AFTER attaching the temp sensor to the Smart implant.

Is this only necessary for temperature sensors or also for magnet reed contacts?

Just temp sensors

1 Like

How would it detect an open contact?

I don’t know exactly yet, I’m just at the beginning. But @Peter_Bittner described it here in the post.

1 Like

The wiring diagram is in the manual. One side of the contact is connected to ground.

1 Like

Ok. Got the device added, connected to ground and 24v. Out to garage door switch and ground. Pushing the switch on the fibaro smart implant open, stop and close the door. But in homey I can’t get a reaction. Anyone have any input ? If I change input parameters or output and save it will open or close, depending on previous status. But that’s it.