Sensitive Strip Guard 800 Motion Alarm keeps ON

Hi all,

I just installed the Sensitive Guard 800 Strip but unfortunately the motion alarm always keeps on. It won’t turn off. What can I do about this?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Hallo

I have 2 pieces in use and no problems.

What type of assembly did you choose?

Have you observed / checked the assembly instructions?

Do you have a photo of the assembly when the contact should be closed?

I did not mount them permanently, but just layed down to test. Looks like this now:

Michael, your link doesn’t work… :thinking:
Here is another one:

@Beving, first of all please remove the magnet at the top (round end of the strip). This one, or better this site of the strip is used just for inclusion and for waking up the sensor.
Does the LED flash when you move the magnet at the lower end (the square end of the strip) towards the strip and move it away again?
If your answer is YES, then the sensor is working.

My guess is that the sensor has no connection to Homey or other Z-Wave repeater. Are you using already any other Z-Wave devices? If YES, do you have connection problems with other Z-Wave devices, mainly battery-powered devices?

@DirkG : I deleted the link

@Beving : Since you haven’t mounted the strip yet, do what Dirk wrote, right next to your homey.

1 Like

Thanks @Asterix & @DirkG This is it!

It seems there really was a poor connection with Homey. The first time I tried to connect to Homey, it wasn’t easy at all, it actually took quite a few attempts.

After your message, I tried right next to the meter cupboard where Homey is located, it connected smoothly on the first try and gives the right status back! :tada:

What I find strange is that the initial setup was just 3-4 meters away from Homey, on the same floor. You’d think it would easily cover that distance? We live in a newly built house, so it might be due to the good insulation.

The sensor is now working well and sending the correct data back to Homey! Thanks guys.

I do wonder why there are two magnets. From what I can tell, it only works with one?

Thanks a lot for the help!

1 Like

The distance at which Z-Wave devices can be included depends on various factors. With a Homey Pro (2016 - 2019) you have to include the device in close proximity. With a Homey Pro (2023) this is not always necessary if you already use many other main-powered Z-Wave devices (repeater).

The material of the house also plays a role, of course, but insulation (glass wool, polystyrene, etc.) is not a problem. The biggest interfering factors are other electrical devices, reinforced concrete, drywalls with aluminum frames and glass.
You should also not place your Homey near other electrical appliances, speakers are quite nasty, on glass or in cupboards.

Yes, it’s not easy to find the right rhythm.

You only need one magnet for operation. The second magnet is for waking up the sensor if the sensor and the magnet are already installed.
Btw, to ensure that the battery lasts a long time, I recommend that you do not change the settings. The only thing you should do, however, is to switch off the LED. This also saves battery.