Sending RS232 from homey

Hi guys, i have a anthem mrx 740 and now i use it from my harmony. It working okish but i want to use it with ip/rs232 commands.

I just dont know how to start, anyone did anything similair? An command list is here: https://www.anthemav.com/downloads/MRX-x20-AVM-60-IP-RS-232.xls

The unit listens at port 1499.

Hopefully someone can help me.

RS232 is an electrical specification that defines a physical connection method and Homey doesn’t have an RS232 connection.
The link you have given is a list of commands that would be sent over an RS232 connection. There is nothing there to define how the commands would be sent of TCP/IP, e.g. which port to send the commands too, etc.

I also have a amp which can be controlled by rs232. I made a arduino sketch with a arduino board and a rs232 expansion board (about 10 euro total) and use the homeyduinio app over WiFi. But you have to build it yourself.

1 Like

I am trying to do the same. I would love homey to be able to send a TCP command to the anthem TCP port 14999. For example: Command to select input 3 is Z1INP3.

But I can’t find a way to let homey send such a command.

I am trying to use my old homewizard, via the ip-switch device. But I get a null error.

So yeah… still not solved… Yet

It should be possible to send rs232 commands via mqtt to a wemos or nodemcu. I did something simular to control axa window openers. It is writen in dutch. If you need more explanation please ask via pm.