Robot vacuum and Homey

Hi

I have the S5max in use and I love it. The integration into Homey is difficult, but not impossible.

Some notes on that:

Homey app
Current "official" Xiaomi Homey app is not S5max compatible, you have to install custom app for it, with CLI installation. I tried the custom app, but room cleaning, zone cleaning or go to target functions don’t work in it. As far as I tested only stop, go to dock and clean (whole house cleaning) worked.

Node-red
I have Node-red dashboard in use with Homey and I use the Node-red roborock integration with the S5max and it works great. All the same functions as in Xiaomi app are available. Some of the statuses and error codes didn’t work, but it didn’t bother me.

Token for vacuum integration
Getting the token needed for the integration to Homey app or Node-red is tricky also. There are different possibilities to get the token.

How I use the vacuum automation

1. When all are away clean the house. And when away for longer time clean every day.
  2. When fireplace is started, clean the are around the fireplace.
  3. When are of 150m2 is cleaned go automatically to trashcan and inform me that the vacuum is full and has to be emptied
  4. I have also made multiple buttons to my dashboard so I can easily order the cleaning into a specific room.
  5. I’m eager to hear if others have figured out some other automations…
1 Like