Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

When turning of the Alarm State in Heimdall the Sirene in your keypad should definitely be stopped.
How do you deactivate the Alarm State in Heimdall?

Using then card, deactivate alarm in Heimdall

That should definitely work. I canā€™t test it right now, Iā€™ll try to do that this weekend.

1 Like

@Tangodelta Iā€™ve tested numerous times and for me the sirene stops when I deactivate the Alarm State in any way, so either by using the Alarm Off button, setting the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed and using the Deactivate Alarm flow card.

What happens when you use the Surveillance Mode Switch to set the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed while the Alarm State is Active?

Well, I use it also independent from surveillance modus, Wien disarmed it also works as firealarm, my problem is to turn the siren off Wien already in disarmed mode.

Iā€™ve just tested it again, with full logging to the terminal; when the Deactivate Alarm is executed in a flow the Ring Security app receives the new Alarm State and I see the command to turn of the sirene being send to the Ring Keypad. Iā€™ve tried this in all available Surveillance Modes in Heimdall so Iā€™m not able to reproduce this.

Iā€™d like to receive a log from your Homey;
Can you please stop and start the Ring Security app. Wait for some 30 seconds and then execute the flow to activate the Alarm State. Next, wait another 5 seconds, execute the flow to deactivate the Alarm State. (Or wait for the Alarm State to deactivate when thatā€™s done from the same flow)
Head over to the apps settings and click Create Diagnostics Report. Please leave a message in the Crash Report so I know who itā€™s from.

Since a couple of weeks there is some disturbance in Arming delay, which i set to 180 seconds. When i activate Full surveillance, countdown begins. But Ring / Heimdall goes to Armed at random times within that 180 seconds.

I canā€™t find flows which interrupts the countdown process. The only thing I can imagine is a Homey recovery (also some weeks ago) which introduces a malfunctioning / bug.

Now i try to find the error by removing the Ring V1 keypad, test the arming delay again and re-adding the Ring keypad again. How do i put the Ring Device in learning mode?

Hi Jeroen,

When adding it should show instructions how to add, doesnā€™t it?
Anyway, it should be added by starting the inclusion process and press and hold the 1 button on the Ring Keypad.

Btw, are you sure you are not triggering the Last Door Functionality in Heimdall which shortens the Arming Delay?

Removed the Ring keypad by Z-wave device removal and pressing button 1 on the keypad. Did some testing after that, and now i can say it doesnā€™t have to do anything with the Ring device.

I refined my research, and discovered (thank you Danee for pointing a direction) that the Last Door Functionality reacts on my Fibaro motion sensors. I can reproduce this behavior.

Iā€™m moving this story to the Heimdall thread to prevent moderation.

Good you got the Ring Keypad commected again.
It shouldnā€™t be possible to start the Last Door Functionality with a motion sensor, could you please go to the apss settings and check the log to make sure that Last Door Functionality is actualy started?

1 Like

I am wondering about the same, and if you have any plans to add the motion censor that comes in the alarm pack with keypad 2nd gen?

Great work Kruyff!

Well, the Siren can be implemented, itā€™s still on my todo list. Unfortunately I donā€™t have a Motion Sensor V2 so implementing support is not so easy.

1 Like

Great App, implemented the Ring Keypad 2nd generation.
Connected to Homey and integrated with Heimdall :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, and thanks for your support, much appreciated!

First off, thanks very much for your work en development of this app! Iā€™ll make a contribution.

I ordered a V2 keypad and today tried to install the app but it seems that it isnā€™t available anymore on the Homey appstore? Is this a temporary problem?

Itā€™s available by the direct link in the opening post as the app is still in beta and thus can not be found when searching in the app store.

Thanks!

Hi, and thanks for your hard work! Im new to Homey, and today I tried adding the Keypad v2 with Ring Security. I have however encountered some problems. The first time I tried, I got no reaction when pressing and holding the 1 key, so I figured I would have to reset it. I did the reset, and I was able to add the Keypad v2 to Homey.

I then noticed that the Keypad was gone from my Ring app (the factory reset did this, I would assume), and when I try to add it again, I get an error message saying the Keypad is on the wrong network. To be able to connect the keypad properly to the Ring app again, I had to do a new factory reset, and now there is nothing happening in the log in Homey (I have activated and deactivated a mode, and I assume that should have shown up in the log? The device is still visible in Homey, is there any way to check if it is actually still working?), so I assume that factory reset broke the Keypad for Homey. I tried adding it to Homey again, but again there is no reaction when holding 1 key. So I seem to be stuck in a loop having to chose either the Ring ap or Homey. Is it not possible to have it both in the Ring app and Homey at the same time?

Also, any update on support for Motion sensor v2? Maybe we can donate one to you, so you can add support for it?

Hi @KjetilK,

The Ring Keypad is ā€˜justā€™ a Z-Wave device and like any other Z-Wave device it can only be connected to one controller at the same time.
Adding support for the V2 Motion Sensor would indeed require me to have such a sensor, remember however the same would apply, it could never be connected to both your Ring system and Homey at the same time.