Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

Mind you, the red exclamation mark on the keypad indicates a problem in the Z-Wave communication. This app has nothing to do with the actual communication of Homey and the keypad, all is does is hand down commands or receive commands from Homey, Homey translates this into the Z-Wave protocol.

How can one explain that only this module stops communicating from time to time? While all my other modules work perfectly, except for restarting which can solve the problem as mentioned above, I donā€™t see any other way to resolve it.

This option to restart applications should no longer exist now. Only the restart of the box is displayed. Just to clarify, I am specifically referring to the Homey Pro 2023. Perhaps you have an earlier model that still has this option.

Thatā€™s a difficult one, but all devices differ and donā€™t use the same options of the Z-Wave protocol. The Ring Keypad, for example, uses FLiRS which is a know source of problems in combination with Homey. Itā€™s hard to pinpont the culprit here, itā€™s either Homey or the Keypad, but Iā€™m not gonna point fingers.

I genuinely hope that a solution will be found either by Homey or the application itself. When this issue occurs, one must enable or disable the alarm through the Homey app. However, for other family members who do not have the Homey app, an alternative strategy must be used, such as a switch or a remote control. Itā€™s truly unfortunate because this could be a perfect product for controlling alarms if it werenā€™t for this problem.

Did you report this to Athom? From my side I can tell you thereā€™s no way I can changes this behaviour from the app.

Itā€™s done, a support request has been sent today.

I am on Homey 2023 too.

Restart Ring app

You need to enable Power user under settings/experimental.

Not sure if I had the red network error indication on the Ring keypad when I experienced the problem.
The strange thing is that restarting the Ring app do help me thou.
Before I had lots of problem with the keypad no arming/disarming. But after adding the restart of the Ring app at every surveillance change I have not had a single issue for weeks.

Thank you, itā€™s applied. Weā€™ll see if it works at my place.

1 Like

Hi Daneede I am trying to add my ring v1 keypad to homey can you please add the following codes for US

Manufacturer ID 838
Product Type ID 257
Product ID 513

Thanks a lot

@Carlos_Kronemberger @Dudley_Rodriguez I will look into that after Christmas.

Cheers,

Danee

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Have a happy Holidays

1 Like

Thank you very much. Itā€™s perfect now!

1 Like

New version published

Version: 0.2.16

• Added US/CA device ID to Ring Keypad V1
  • Minor text changes

Thanks to @Carlos_Kronemberger and @Dudley_Rodriguez for providing the information on the Ring Keypad V1!

1 Like

Youā€™re the one who helped me! I also have with me a v1 contact sensor and a V1 motion detector, both Ring US/CA. Can I send the codes for you to implement?

Sure, please do!

Ring Contact Sensor v1

Manufacturer ID = 838
Product Type ID = 513
Product ID = 513

Ring Motion Detector

Manufacturer ID = 838
Product Type ID = 769
Product ID = 513

New version published

Version: 0.2.17

• Added US/CA device ID to Ring Contact Sensor V1