Ring Doorbell V2

When I tested it and set it up, it was working perfectly every time. It was used one time yesterday and worked then as well.
I have also just tested it right now where it worked.
I cannot say why it didn’t work for you, but I think you are right that it was perhaps a Ring problem.

Tested and confirmed working. For now at least, let’s hope Ring doesn’t screw it up again.

I am running 2.4.1, seems like it’s working but perhaps Ring is limiting API calls. It works once and then will not work for a period of time. Come back 30 mins later and seems fine again.
I set mine up via Alexa which is very responsive. I just do a check in the script if it’s already detected motion/ring to avoid script running more than once

So does it implement the oauth now? So support for mfa?

No - MFA is not supported.

I have to test more, but it seems like there is indeed still a problem.
When someone rings the bell, my flows work.
When motion is detected, nothing happens. Maybe because motion happens quite regularly and they are indeed limiting API calls. :frowning_face:

Just activated motion temporarily to test and yes, same generic alarm works fine, motion does not. I have a Pro by the way.

Weird, I just received a notification from Heimdal that Ring detected motion…
Will need to investigate more :slightly_smiling_face:

Since today the doorbell also does.t work anymore with homey :cry:

I’m pretty sure it’s Ring messing things up, because I literally came home 5 minutes ago and my lights in the driveway turned on because my Ring detected the motion. So the app itself should be working correctly.

Well the ring app itself is working fine, its not respondig towards the homey app i guess.
The movement was’t working for some weeks now but now also the doorbell doesn’t work anymore.
Guess it are the ring guys that are changing things :see_no_evil: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What version of the Homey Ring-app are you using?

its V2.0.5

btw just found out why the snapshot is not working anymore

2.0.5 isn’t supposed to be working at all anymore. Ring changed their API so the dev had to update the app.
It’s not in the store yet (waiting for Athom approval), but you can find it on Github if you can’t wait and are willing to install it manually (https://github.com/denniedegroot/com.ring)

Ah that’s why. Oké no idea how the github works so I Wil just wait a few days for this to arrive in the homey app store. Thanks for your explanation

I don’t get this. I can’t find this at ifttt. Is this still available at ifttt?

Ahh found it, you have to make it yourself thru ifttt

I’m trying to reinstall the Ring app in my Homey, but when trying to install the doorbell I always get a timeout of 30000 ms.

Anything else I can try to fix this.

2 Likes

A Homey Ring developer should apply to https://ring.com/partners and rewrite the Ring App the Ring Partner API with OAuth2.

I think we should take this route to solve the problems. This would also allow to do a proper oauth implementation (that supports MFA).
I am willing to help out with that part if the developer would appreciate that. Those oauth flows are not that hard to implement.
But I think the developer should submit for the partner application.

New version 2.1.4 that was released today solved all issues I experienced. It immediately recognized my doorbell and flows are working just fine…