Ring Doorbell and Camera support for Homey

Please report this at Athom, this is beyond control of this app.

1 Like

It’s fixed

It was related to the new homey app update

They have release a fix for it yesterday

1 Like

Thank you so much, working great now :smiley:

fre. 14. apr. 2023, 09:35 skrev Mark Moorlag via Homey Community Forum <notifications@athom.discoursemail.com>:

New version published

Version: 2.10.12

• Fixed Location Mode flow cards for locations with a Ring Alarm System

The introduction of the new communication method with the Ring API not only brought improvements such as the realtime reaction on movement or ringing of the doorbell but it also introduced a problem for people who have a Ring Alarm System.
It turned out the new communication method handles Location Mode changes differently when a Ring Alarm System is present on a location resulting in no longer working of the Flow Cards that have to do with Location Modes.
With the help of @GregD who did a lot of testing, testing and some more testing, I was able to find a fix for this which is published to the App Store now.

3 Likes

New version published

Version: 2.10.14

• Added additional translations

Some functionality wasn’t yet translated to all languages, now it is.

2 Likes

New test version published

Version 2.10.19

• Test version for Advanced Motion

Ring Doorbells and Cameras can make a difference in recognizing the type of movement detected1, now this difference can also be used in Homey!

To use this I’ve added the tag Motion Type to the The motion alarm turned on trigger card:

For now theRing Doorbell and Cameras are capable of recognising Human2 and Package2. All other types will be labelled as Other2.

Usage example:

The use of Heimdall is just for demonstration purposes

1 To enable this functionality open the device in the official Ring app on your smartphone and go to Movement settings. Next enable Smart Alerts.
This function requires a subscription at Ring. This has been tested with a Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2. It is not guaranteed to work with all Ring Doorbell and Camera types. Please visit the Ring website to see if your device type supports Smart Alerts.

2 These descriptions are language dependant, These descriptions will be added to the tooltip before final release of this functionality.

Hi Danee. I tested this but I don’t have the tag for the motion type. In the official Ring app package is recognized (smart alerts is enabled) (RingV2)

Hi Ria,

Could you please restart the Ring app, wait a bit then send me a Diagnostics Report?

d1e1b7a7-e050-49b0-bc2f-c52e2c9617c4

I’ve just checked the report, There’s noting out of the ordinary there, I see no reason why the tag doesn’t show. The tag should automatically be added to the flow card, including existing flows that have the card. And it should be there, regardless of the setting in the Ring Smartphone app (That’s just needed to make it functional)

To test it I just installed the test version of the app from the App Store on another Homey which was still running an older version, and the same firmware version as your Homey, and it immediately works as expected. It shows in both standard and advanced flows, no difference there.

The only thing I can think of is a difference in the language of your Homey, I run all my Homeys in English and I assume yours is in Dutch.

I’d be interested to see a screenshot from the cards overview when adding the flowcard from the web client.
Could you please go to my.homey.app, create a new flow, select Add Card in the When… column. Next select the Ring App in the left column and your Ring Doorbell in the middle column. No please make a screenshot like the one below.

I hope this helps.

Hi Ria,
I see the tag in both the first and second screenshot (and obviously not in the third) so I don’t understand the problem.

Your second screenshot:

When in the advanced flow (from screenshot 2) add the logic card Text contains Text and connect the two cards. Next click on the left Text placeholder in the logic card, the available tags should appear:

Hi,

Thanks for a great app!

Unfortunately, I suddenly have problems getting the generic and motion alarms to work. Snapshot is working though.

I have tried “everything”. Restarted the app in Homey. Reinstalled the app. Installed the latest test version. Can’t get the alarms to work.

Do you have any tips and tricks that I can try?

I have the same (early 2023) with my Ring Pro 2.
The advanced flow is working good when i test it, but in “real” use the flow is not working. I only use the general alarm…
Personely i think it has to do with HP2023. Thats why i did’nt respond here…

@Warhawkut @Rob_Kolenbrander

Could you please stop and start the app again, wait a minute and next send me a Diagnostics Report?

c9f1ccbb-51b0-4680-8291-d180220b812b

Here you go…

@Rob_Kolenbrander
Yeah, I have the old one though (2019). So it seems that it’s not a problem only on HP2023

Here is mine
bbeca179-f7f8-41bb-893b-971846f051cf

I’ve recieved the reports, I will look into them later today and get back to you.

I see no indication in both your logs that the Ring App has problem connecting with the Ring Servers, no errors whatsoever.

Here are 2 steps to try to fix your problem:

1. Please go into the Ring App settings and click the Revoke Authentication button. Next go to any of your Ring Devices in the Homey app and click Try to Repair. This will take you to the logon page, please logon and fulfil the MFA requirement.
    (Don’t stress to much about this, while testing the app I’ve revoked my authentication literally thousands of times, there’s no harm in it.)
    Now test the working of your flows.

If the above didn’t help, please try this:

1. Remove your Ring Doorbell, restart the Ring App and add the Ring Doorbell again. Next check all your flows and replace flow cards when needed.
    Now test the working of your flows.

Please let me know if this fixed the problem for you and if so wether both steps were needed or just the first.

Unfortunately both solutions did’nt work. Again, testing the flow all is working well.
The notification and snapshot was working fine until a week ago. Suddenly it stopt working. Revoke authentication, remove and add doorbell, use another Ring app firmware, i tried it all, but it did,t gave the solution.

Here is my latest report:
9f957fab-af02-4f0e-ad93-2354d37543e9

I use a Google Nest hub + Google Nest mini to receive the notification, and the hub to receive the snapshot as well.
Both are working fine in other flows. To be shure i removed them also and added them again. Still no solution unfortunately…