RF Learning and VCD file

There are complete examples in the online developer documentation on github.com

Hi, did you mean me?

@Ezeta For what it’s worth, I don’t think my code is useful. I can’t even find it at the moment. I still have the app installed on the homey, but I can’t get it to pair with the device that was working before, no idea why. I’m not even sure why I gave up 2 years ago, but most likely because the device didn’t have the range I was hoping for. I need something like 100 meters and I don’t have a nice clean line of sight.

Ha ok…
Thanks for the answer.

I looked on GitHub but I’m only finding complex apps, which are trying to learn a signal first.
What I would like is simply an app where I can paste what I get from homey developper tools RF sniffer, and when running it it would send the signal…

But if all app are going through a pair/copy/learn step, that perhaps I did not understood something to RF process…

I managed to create my own app, not requiring pair step… but it does not work (send the signal, but not received by the device), so it’s not a good example.

I’m just throwing my hat in the ring to say I’m disappointed that we can’t emulate 433MHz signals. I understand there would be technical and business considerations why it doesn’t. I had done my research before purchasing, noticing a few people saying that it wasn’t possible. Now that I have purchased one I was prepared to go deep in the forums to explore potential solutions, I had hoped there may be even a somewhat technical workaround.

It wasn’t a dealbreaker (hence why I purchased it anyway), but I agree with some of the sentiments of others. The primary value proposition for the Homey (one of, if not the most expensive smart hub on the market), is how “advanced” it is and how it’s positioned as “one hub to replace them all”. I bought Homey because I didn’t want to spend a massive amount of time configuring something like Home Assistant… the first few devices I’ve tried to configure have been difficult (including seemingly simple things like a Google Nest Hub using the Google Nest app). I guess this is all a learning exercise for someone fairly new to setting up a Smart Home - it’s a Wild West and there are no such thing as universal smart home devices.

I thought I’d get some devices first to test with simple apps/hubs like Tuya and Smartthings before justifying the Homey system for its amazing-looking flows etc. My advice for others is to do it the other way around - get the Homey first and ensure every device you purchase has current support for Homey, because it’s not as universal as you might think it is. At the very least, you’ll likely need to ensure you’re investing in more common brands which are generally priced higher (understandably) than the countless Chinese/generic products. Working with old products you already have in the house may simply not be possible, or yes, you’ll need to invest in other hubs to work with signals like RF. Unfortunately, I have an RF emulator hub that works with some remotes and not others. I saw that Homey was able to read the RF signal from the remotes that don’t work with this hub and I got excited.

I’ll push through as I love the brand, the product looks/feels Premium and I can see that there is ongoing active development. It doesn’t help that we’re always so behind here in Australia.