[REQUEST] Allow sensor metrics on device icons

Now great work is being done on the Web App (transforming to a builtin dashboard) I would like to suggest a feature that has been requested many times before, and something I was personally missing when I recently switched over to Homey. In too many cases, we need to open each device to get to even basic metrics.

I think it would be great to have an option to display base metrics on device icons. Things like Temperature, Humidity, Luminance, Last Activity ( 3s ago, 13m ago, 1h ago), Dim level could be shown for a better overview.

Similar thread:

27 Likes

I would love that too!
This will bring us closer to an actual dashboard…
Hope your assumption is right about getting closer to it… :wink:

+1

+1

+20 :smiley:
Well, I understand that the space on the icon is limited but it would be very awesome if we could at least define up to two device capability values to be shown (as seen in a certain other dashboard app for Homey)
Or even better, let apps be able to implement a default behaviour. So we as developers could even cycle through values. Prolly something to think and discuss about. The capabilities would need an additional flag, so we could define which values make sense to be displayed. As some apps also have hidden capabilities which would not make sense to be displayed.

4 Likes

+1

+1

+100

“ + 1000 “

+1

+1

+1

+1
also custom icons would be great and in the future even simple room layout where we can place our items

+1

+1

+1

Absolute +1, while this will make the dashboard/overview in the app much more useful.

+1 and preferably customizable

+1

I think that is possible already, though not customizable. The Daikin app gives icons like this one mentioning status (via color) and temperature.!
Perhaps something to consider for the app developers?
Screenshot_20210131-010252_Homey