Reinstalling Homeykit and refreshing the Apple Home view

I assume that the lights work well from Homey directly?

Did your Homey recently update to the latest firmware (8.0.3)? There seem to be a lot of issues with this firmware, where devices become unresponsive. HomeyKit hasn’t changed for a while now.

Yes I did. It’s automatic, maybe I should change that setting.

I was just wondering if the was any logging I could do that might track the problem down.

Peter

| robertklep
July 25 |

• | - |

Peter_Bittner:

Is there anything I can do to try and work out why this is happening?

I assume that the lights work well from Homey directly?

Did your Homey recently update to the latest firmware (8.0.3)? There seem to be a lot of issues with this firmware, where devices become unresponsive. HomeyKit hasn’t changed for a while now.

The only thing you can try is to run Homeykit from the command line so you see the messages that it logs, but it will very likely not provide a lot of information.

Peter

| robertklep
July 25 |

• | - |

Peter_Bittner:

I was just wondering if the was any logging I could do that might track the problem down.

The only thing you can try is to run Homeykit from the command line so you see the messages that it logs, but it will very likely not provide a lot of information.

I’ve never done that so will have to do some research.

In the meantime a bit of extra info (screenshots attached).
HomeKit seems to think the bedroom lamp is still included. If you delete and then try to add again you get this error message. Still it does return to the state as per the first photo - Added.

image1.png

Peter

| robertklep
July 25 |

• | - |

Peter_Bittner: