Reading data from Luxtronik-Webserver (heatpump)

I’ve already posted that request in the German forum but think I get a wider audience here

Now that I have familiarized myself a little bit with Homey, I would like to realize the following:
I have a Novelan heat pump that runs a web server. This server provides a Java web interface (Luxtronik), on which various data is displayed (e.g. temperatures, pressures etc.) and also certain parameters can be set (e.g. flow temperature, heating curve, heating/cooling mode).

I would like to see some of the data in Homey, e.g. as virtual temperature sensors, and would like to change settings.
Is there already an app that can be used to read such data?

For Home Assistant there seems to be a solution already: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/27230
Here you find some more documentation: https://github.com/Bouni/Luxtronik-2/tree/2102b7d6dcdf5df1e75687842b614de4b9a2b1a4

screenshot of webinterface:

source code:

This could be also interesing for people who have a heatpump from the following manufacturers that use the same controller:

• Alpha Innotec
  • Siemens Novelan
  • Roth
  • Elco
  • Buderus
  • Nibe (?)
  • Wolf Heiztechnik

Thanx!!

2 Likes

I’m interested in this as well.
With some help I could try it myself, but I don’t know where to start.

I would appriciate this. But I’m afraid I can’t help.
As far as I know, the heatpump`s web server uses the websocket protocol.
An app would have to call and send data from/to the webserver via websockets.
Some information can be found here: Websockets Webinterface (ab FW 3.81) - loxwiki - loxwiki
If we could - together - find a starting point I would like to contribute and test.

Hi there, sorry to be a little late to the game but I would be very interested if there was some progress regarding this topic. I use a Alpha Innotec Heatpump and would love to set the parameter starting by some triggerd flows.

Best regards

I have also same issue any suggestion for this so please reply.

I’m as well interested (Luxtronik 2 - CTA Heat Pump)

Any update here? Would be great to control my alpha innotec heat pump from homey

So. I actually have a proof of concept working (only for the getting). I am debating if I should implement setting of values as this is a bit hit-or-miss and some things aren’t properly documented.

Any specific values/functionality you’re interested in?

1 Like

Sounds great! For the getting functionality, I suggest including temperatures such as flow temperature, outside temperature, and source temperature, as well as the flow and operation mode states. When it comes to setting values, consider implementing functionality for selecting the operation mode (heating, cooling, or water) and specifying the target temperature for heating.

Thank you for your efforts!

1 Like

A first version of the app is live at Luxtronik App voor Homey | Homey

While only the basic functionality is implemented, I thought it would be good to get the app out there.
Source is available here: GitHub - RobinFlikkema/homey-luxtronik: The Repository for Homey App Luxtronik / nl.robinflikkema.rluxtronik

Currently it only supports reading values; Ill try to work on setting values, as well as improve the reading (e.g. more values, and improve the values that are model-specific).
Furthermore, I am looking forward to any feedback :slight_smile: as i was only able to test this with 2 models of heat pumps.

1 Like

Hey @RobinF ! That works very well for a 1st attempt. I was able to add my Novelan WSV 6.2K3M heatpump without problems. All the shown values seem to be correct and update nearly in realtime. Despite some localization issues (mix of english, german, dutch) it works well for me and I#m looking forward to seeing further developments.
:+1:

1 Like

Thanks, and also thank you for reminding about translation.

Not sure if I will get everything fully in proper German, but will at least make Dutch and English fully translated.

If you want I can help you translating to German.

Hi there! I’ve been trying to connect the same heatpump model as @petomei, but cannot get it to send the data to Homey. I can see the pump registered in homey as a device after registering the IP address, but am not receiving any data. Any chance you can advice, @RobinF? :slight_smile: Much appreciated!

Do you have access to your heatpump’s webserver by typing ist’s IP-Adress in your browser and using 999999 as password to login?

1 Like

Looking forward to this answer.

Assuming the IP is correct, it just tries to connect to port 8889 (don’t quote me on that, not at my computer ATM).
Then it just queries different parameters.

@petomei, I should also have fixed most translation issues. While there’s no full support for German yet, all strings should be English, Dutch and some German. So you shouldn’t be seeing Dutch anymore.

I’ll try to sort the German strings out, maybe I’ll ask a few things :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi !
Thanks a lot for this app !

Really usefull :blush:
Hope to hear that you’ll have the opportunity to add defaults and write functiuns.

Great job and Thanks again ! :smiling_face:

Thanks for the app, working great.

I didn’t reply to you yet. However, I think I have accidentally fixed this. Can you check again?

Could it be that your heatpump is on a slow network, or running an older version?