Question z-wave node columns

Hi,

Might be a stupid question, but how to interpret the “TX Queued” columns for the z-wave nodes? Should that column have the same number as tx sent? Or should TX queued be at 0 all the time?

Thanks !

Athom has never specified on what each column really does, so this is just based on my experience working with Z-Wave in Homey.
If you want the real answer you’ll have to contact Athom Support.

TX Queued is a bit of an odd ball in the table as it can be caused by not just the device itself.

It is a send signal that couldn’t be send immediately, Z-Wave is a synchronous protocol, so 2 or more signals can’t be send at the same time (to different devices, technically it is possible to do it to 1 device, but that’s very hard to implement into Homey), the lower the number, the better, but high numbers doesn’t necessarily means something is wrong, it is more likely that a lot of signals were send at the same time.

Thanks for the reply.

Okay, because all of my devices has equal tx queues as tx sent. Except a few that has less tx queues than tx sent. But I do not experience any issue with the devices, so I guess that it’s no problem then.

Just came across it when I was troubleshooting a ring keypad, got information from the app developer that it might be an issue with my z-wave network. So just wanted to make sure if it’s an issue that there are tx queues on the devices.

Troubles on the Z-Wave network there are 2 different columns more useful.

TX Error, this number should be 0 for mains powered devices, and very low for battery devices.
Any higher then it most likely is range issues or the (battery) device is still Secure (S0) (repairing it unsecure is highly recommended).

But the more important/best indicator for issues is RX (Receive), a number that is way higher then the rest of the devices without any reason (there are devices that have lots of capabilities like the Aeotec’s Multisensor 6/7 or their smart plugs, which sends lots of information).
As devices usually start sending lots of data ones there is an issue with the device itself, or something odd is going on with the connection.

Troubleshooting Z-Wave can be really annoying though, as it can be several (weird) issues.
Have yet to find a proper way to find issues more easily, even after 6 years.

Thanks a lot for all the explanations, that will help with the troubleshooting and made it more clear for me.

Thanks for your time :slight_smile: