[Pro][Dashboard] SmartDash - a dashboard for Homey

is 100ms, for standard data is sufficient!

is not only data between SmartDash and Homey, also needs to go through Spotify trough the internet. But: what now? I can set polling to 5 sec

try to set 30sec or less.
Polling homey fast is not a problem.
If work i can study a workaround

Any issue for this?

Now I see what was mentioned yesterday: when start playing music when the image was empty, the Homey image is visible in 5 seconds, but the Speaker image is not visible within this period of time.
Skipping to the next song, the image in Speaker widget is visible as fast the Homey image.
Why not use the same logic in Speaker widget as has been done in Homey image (refresh frequency)?

Another question: can I manage the layer order in de Speaker widget. Image in background and artist/title/buttons/volume slider in front? Now my image goes partly over the text. I think it has to do with the CSS commands order, but I can not figure out.

CSS Layout - The z-index Property (?)

Yes use z-index, try -1

OK i add this!

When a songs end and next song is playing, refreshing is very fast. It feels faster than with choosing next song in the widget itself :thinking:

Not yet :smile:

Could you give some more background info?

Now when you interact with a widget and change a device capability, only the device is reloaded from homey. Previous all devices are polled

Now the Speaker image refresh is very fast. After the regular refresh (frequency) there is a small image refresh blink (minor issue).
Are you doing the same for lights: send the on/off command to Homey, and an immediate get of the same device. After x seconds the regular refresh of all devices happens. Just interested.

z-index in the right solution. Thanx @Hielke_de_Jong and @diapolon

1 Like

The optimization is for all the widgets, only virtual button reload all (should, i need check the code) :+1:

As I am still struggling a bit :smiley:; can you share your result??

You think a dropdown-list would be possible? Like:
https://docs.arduino.cc/arduino-cloud/cloud-interface/dashboard-widgets/#value-dropdown

My use-case is to use it for Spotify-app. For instance to choose an artist from the list. then it would be possible in Homey to start playing Spotify for the artist which was selected in the list.

Player with latest SmartDash version with Speaker Widget in 3x3 format:
player

CSS:
.content {background: rgba(0,0,0,0.2);box-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #df7f2f99}
.content .track {font-size:20px; margin-top: -35px; font-weight: 750; color: rgba(255,255,255,1)}
.content .artist {font-size:15px; margin-top: 5px; font-weight: 550; color: rgba(255,255,255,1)}
.content .duration {font-size:15px; margin-top: 0px; color: rgba(255,255,255,1)}
.content .volume {font-size:15px; margin-top: 30px; color: rgba(255,255,255,1)}
.content .volume_mute {font-size:20px; margin-top: 0px; color: rgba(255,255,255,1)}
.content .image { position: absolute; opacity: 0.6; z-index: -1 }
.content .buttons {font-size:30px; margin-top: -10px; color: rgba(255,255,255,1)}
.content .name {margin-top: 250px; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: 550; color: rgba(255,255,255,1)}
.content .state {font-size: 50px; margin-top: -40px; color: rgba(255,255,255,1)}}

1 Like

Very good!

You need a dropdown list for setting a variable or for calling a flow?