[Pro][Dashboard] SmartDash - a dashboard for Homey

You can use the app Gallery

Donā€™t choose single image but use owner Bing, the widget pick the latest one

The Web view cache the image, for prevent This i add a timestamp at the end but for testing i have removed it, in next update i restore it

Sometimes it is too simple :joy:. Now I can disable the http/ftp server for now.

And I couldnā€™t find a flow to add an image via the gallery app. That was why I went the http/ftp server app. But with your solution also uploading to the Homey image folder isnā€™t needed anymore.

For adding an image to Gallery app go in setting > app and choose Gallery

Is it possible that your workaround is not supported in Android 7?

Maybe some javascript functions are incompatible, it depend on the version of android Web view (in smart clock i have replaced 2 or 3 methods not supported)
Or the device is too slow!

This is because when update the image i replace the img.src: The esclamation is showed because for a moment the image is missing.
Maybe if i replace all div that contain the image the problem disappear

Nope :joy:

HomeyImage can be used As Gallery, i should add other option for scale image to fit screen and a mode for choose the image from owner (latest update, random)

As screensaver (changing the pictures every xx seconds) :slight_smile:

Also! :+1:

some other wishes / ideas :slight_smile:

1. could you make settings for panels also available in menu-option Settings (next to System, Homey Pro, Screensaver, and back-up). I think this is a bit more user-friendly.
  2. For automatically changing panels i would like a option to choose the panels (for instance only 1,2 & 4)

This is present, go in panel setting and choose the mode, is present the option hide from auto switch

This is great that you managed to get this working!

Next thing what would be nice is the awake function from panel switch by variable. Do you think this is possible? Because i donā€™t like to let my screen always on with screensaver.

Testing this AF when someone rings the doorbell, but currently this only works with screen always on.
(switch to doorbel widget page ā†’ switch back to home screen after x seconds ā†’ disable page select(so manual page switching behaves normal and not is going to variable page after 2 sec)

Other thing I notisched when the page in SmartDash is on the variable page value it is not waking up the screensaver, thats why I go back to main page. Is it possible when variable is same as Smartdash page it also disables screensaver and awake screen when is off?

I agree that would be a nice function, but I doubt this is possible. The device has to sync with Homey every 5 seconds 24/7 (checking a change on that variable). So it wonā€™t sleep at all. Perhaps the developer can do magic.

I have solved this with a Aqara FP2 mmWave sensor (hardware which I already had), detecting very detailed movements deviding your room in sections you can define yourself. When there is a movement near your SmartDash device, the sensor sends a message to Homey. On the SmartDash device (Android) I run an app called MacroDroid. Homey sends a message via a flow to MacroDroid, and MarcoDroid turns on the screen. During this turing on, the SmartDash makes a sync with Homey.

It sounds complex, but you can do it as a Homey user. The simple alternative is using an app, which uses the deviceā€™s camera to turn the SmartDash screen on, but I donā€™t like a camera which is looking 24/7.

Missed that one :blush:

Would it be possible to show it in the panel settings when Automatisch change is on?

Also would it be possible that in SmartDash the % of battery of the device is read and stored in a variable? So in Homey you can control a plug to charge the device when needed?

But to clarify; with screensaver you mean the screensaver in SmartDash?

For awakening the screen I am using Fully Kiosk Browser and Homey-app Dashboard controller. I find this a good way to control the Dashboard (you can also open other apps, send urlā€™s/pictures, dim the screen). Only possible in a ā€˜paid-versionā€™ but you can use it in a trial-version (in the screens of Fully-kiosk there is a watermark to consider paying). This is not visible when other apps are open. I paid with earned Google-credit :slight_smile:

Also with Fully you can the device can be woken by sound or by its camera.

I already read several ideas for extra display image functionality. I would like to extend my wish for showing the image in SmartDash.
At the moment images for Sonos/Spotify and Ring doorbell are in use. When the Sonos is not playing, the artist and track performing are empty after some time, which is as expected. This lack of information about the music causes the lack of an image. The instance homey:app:com.sonos still exists in the Homey images directory, but is empty and causes an exclamation mark (see screendump below).

Is it possible for images:

• instance in Homey extists and contains an image: show image
  • instance in Homey exists, but is empty (no image): show an empty/transparent wizard content on end-user screen
  • instance in Homey does not exist anymore, show exclamation mark (only than). No exclamation mark during image load

Last question for now: how do you keep track on all those ideas, wishes and remarks? Perhaps it is a good idea to make a public bug and wish list only you can edit, and SmartDash enthusiasts can read.

Again a lot of ideas and questions, because ā€œit is never enoughā€ :slightly_smiling_face:

The procedure needs to be completed, the timeout needs to be implemented: itā€™s a bit long so it will take me more time.
Once the other things are finished, Iā€™ll get to it