Poolthermometer

Isn´t here anyone who have connected a pooltermometer to a Homey Pro 2023? If here is anyone i wonder what brand and type of termometer you are using.

The first two devices ICO and Flipr are actually intended to check the water quality, but also measure the temperature.

The Ecowitt WN63 Pool Thermostat is designed for pools, as the name suggests. It’s not separate listed in the Homey Misol and Ecowitt App in the App Store, but according to this discussion in the App topic (Link) it seems to work already.

The other two Ecowitt temperature sensors are not specific for pools, but they have a probe so that the probe can easily be placed in the water, while the batterie powered main device can be mounted outside of the pool. The WN34L seems to be listed in the App Store, the WN34D not. However, as it’s just also a temperature sensor, it’s probably also supported by the App.
What I don’t know is if the probes are also suitable for chlorinated water.

An additional gateway is required for all Ecowitt sensors, however. Please check yourself which gateway is required and if it’s supported by the Homey Misol and Ecowitt App.

But there are for 4 different regions, is 433MHz the right one and the 2 first one are very expensiv. I just wan´t to know the temperatur for the heating of the pool.

I’ve used a fibaro smart implant with a (watertight) temperature sensor to measure the water temperature, but there are a lot of devices that support the same ds18b20 temperature sensor(s).

But I wan´t something using battery.

Where do you see a battery in Caseda’s suggestion?

It depends on where you live. And because you haven’t said in which country you live, nobody can answer the question which frequency is the right one for you.

I have solved my problem, I bought a usual indoor/humidythermometer on LoH Electronics in Sweden. I cut it down to fit my broken floating poolthermometer and now i have it in that and it works fine. I´m from Sweden bye the way.

1 Like

Then you should have chosen the 868 MHz frequency.