Not able to control Z-wave plug

I am using a number of Telldus z-wave mini plugs, but I have never been able to get them to work 100%.

Many times I get TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK, but if I instead press the button on the plug I see that its state changes in Homey… So is the problem that Homey has bad output levels, or what could je causing this? The distance is about 10 meters, with clear sight.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it stops working. I have not been able to come to any conclusions, so I wanted to ask the community for any advice.

The first (two) router devices should be installed as close as possible to Homey, due to it’s short zwave range. So buy one or two more plugs.
Or go for the antenna mod.

Two router devices? I have a few of those z-wave plugs, do they count as router devices? Or do I need to set it up somehow?

Late yesterday I noticed that the plug got a route from Homey via 2 other plugs, but that does not always seem to be the case…

The antenna mod looks interesting…

All Z-Wave devices which are powered by electric current are router/repeater. Battery powered devices are no repeater.
TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK means, that no confirmation was received. So it’s probably a range problem.

1 Like