Not able to connect KAKU ACST-9900

On my Homey Pro (2023) I have installed the KlikAanKlikUit v7.3.2 app. I have several KAKU device connected and working.

However, I am not able to connect my ACST-9900 smart push button. THe device is in the list and I can start a pairing session, but Homey just won’t see the device. The button IS working on my KAKU ICS-2000 hub, but I’m trying to abandon that in favour of Homey Pro.

I’ve tried recording the 433 MHz signal in Developer Tools, but that won’t notice the button either.

Any thoughts are welcome.

What is the distance while you try to pair between Homey and this device?

And what device mode have you tried? Guess Homey at the moment only supports the device in mode 1 (switch on the bottom near the battery)

Hi Dijker,

Thanks for the quick reply.
The switch is in mode “1” (although I’ve tried any possibility :wink: ).
The distance between the button and Homey Pro is 5-6 meters. It is unobstructed. The distance can’t be the issue: even if I get closer or place the button next to the Homey, it won’t recognize it.

For what i tested only mode 1 is working now.

Do other KAKU remotes work?

What version of the KAKU app do you use? I tested it with v7.3.2.

Can you try to pair it im mode 1 as a generic AC-1000 socket with a copy signal from remote?

if that works,
Pls make a support ticked using the link in the app store. It could be that Athom missed something in decoding the unique ID of this device although I think it is just a generic on/off that is send using the mode 1.

Hi Dijker,

I’m on KAKU v7.3.2
Just tried to pair the way you suggested: no luck.

I wonder if there’s something else going on here: in when I try to record a 433MHz signal in dev tools, it can find anything either.

Just to be completely sure I just paired it to my KAKU ICS-2000 again: works perfectly.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Just to be sure.
Power cycle your Homey (not software restart, PtP!) and try again after you see all apps ares started (couple of minutes)

I have a Homey Pro Early 2019 and have the same issue not being able to connect the KAKU ACST-9900 while I have connected 3 APC3-2300R’s already for a long time.

Did you solve it Rob? If so, how?

HI Johan,

No, unfortunately not. I gave up, basically.

Rob

Same problem here, not only with the ACST-9900, but also with the AWST-9000.
Multiple other transmitters like the APC3-2300, AWST-8000 and AGST-8000 connecting flawless