Non z-wave door/window sensor, any tips?

I now see that the doorsensor directly connects to homey instead of via one of the nodes, see screenshot.
How can I enforce that it connects via the smart switch?

The sensor doesn’t seem to have had a working route yet.

I would place the sensor close to the Smart Switch and then click on “Heal”. Then the sensor must be woken up directly (I think 3x quickly press the small button inside). Then check if the sensor is routed over the Smart Switch. Then I would place the sensor at its destination and check it.

Thanks @DirkG that did the trick! Awesome.

Only thing is… Why does it keep giving the tampering alarm? It is just fixed to my door, standing still.

I suspect the tamper alarm will go off after a certain amount of time.

While the sensor is offline, Homey will not get an update from it. After reconnecting, the alarm should be off.

No this is not the case unfortunately. It will set the contact alarm correctly but it keeps (even after 2 hours) the tampering alarm still sticks to ‘on’. Really strange…

The default WakeUp interval is 86400 seconds (= 24 h).

Try to open and close the case of the door sensor (activate tamper alarm again). I had this problem with Fibaro sensor, there was also one tamper button from the bottom of sensor that need to be pressed once sensor is intalled.