New to Homey (Pro)

Hi all,

I’m new to the whole Homey interface and just received my Homey Pro.

Already running into some difficulties so hopefully you can help out!

I’ve successfully added/connected my Hue lights, that was easy. Afterwards, I wanted to connect my Slide and Somfy Tahoma products.

That is where I run into a dead end. Both login just fine but then show that there are no device’s to connect.

With the Somfy producs, it’s always a bit of a puzzle to figure out what to use. So I’ll be giving that a couple of tries. But for the Slide it should be a easy as the Hue right?

Thanks!

For slide it depends if you have the full blown version or stripped down as the latter does not support calling the API.

To add a device you need to download the app and, depending on the app, go back to the main screen of homey and click “add device”>select the app of the device and take it from there

For Somfy, I presume you have a Tahoma or Connexoon bridge?
If so then you can open the Apps settings page, go to the Detected tab, tap on Get Log and then Send Log. I can then guide you to the device types you need.

I’ve got the full version.(even before they started selling the lite models)
Not sure if I need to do anything on the Slide side to enable the API any further.

Regarding your instructions, I am doing exactly that. But after logging in with my Slide Details it shows no devices (screenshot). I’ve deleted the App on Homey en installed again but no joy.

Any other suggestions?

Hi @Adrian_Rockall ,

Yep, I’ve got the Tahoma Switch.

Not sure here. Are we talking Homey or Tahoma app?

Thanks for the help!

In the Homey app. Go to the More, Settings, Somfy Tahoma and Connexoon to open the settings page. Then select the Devices tab, etc.

Hm, nothing else you need to do other than logging in with the Slide credentials that have your slide(s) set up. Should then show the devices (if not already added)

So status update regarding Slide.

I contacted Slide and apparently my Slide was not configured as a Pro (With API capabilities).

That is now fixed.

Extra steps done (just to be safe)
-Rebooted Slide
-Factory reset my Homey
-Deleted & reinstalled the Homey App

Still no joy :pensive:

Will reachout to Slide again for advice, as Homey does point me to the Slide Login page…

Thanks for the support. With some careful reading I figured it out and my Somfy products are working now!

1 Like

Hi, did you ever figure out the problem with the Slides?

I have two slides PRO (bought in the very beginning)… they are now working in Homekit, but are not detected in Homey… “no new devices detected”

If you have any tips, let me know!

Hi @jvreede,

The Slide support helped me out.

At first my Pro was not configured as a Pro, therefore it has no open api capabilities.

But that was not enough. They guided me through the troubleshooting (some resets ect) and in the end it was solved.