New Foscam VD1 doorbel now also working with Homey!

Foscam released a few weeks ago a video doorbel VD1.

They promised that this doorbel will be home automation compatible, but only after an firmware update.

Currently they updated the firmware and now this doorbell is fully Homey compatible.

The main features / difference with this product and others is that the doorbel does NOT need any subscription (but is available) and it has the ability to record on an SD and/or on your local NAS aswel!

There is an app (from the manufactor itself) in homey appstore to connect the doorbel (and other foscam camera’s) to Homey where you can add triggers (when doorbel pressed etc)

I have the bell a few weeks now and i must say it works really great, picture quality is excelent and the camera works fine with my synology NAS. (where it acts like a normal camera).

So if you are searching for a new doorbel please also look at the foscam VD1!

Great!
How quick is the response of the doorbell? I.e. notifications through the Foscam (not Homey) app, and via the Homey integration?

Via Homey app instant, the communication between doorbel en homey is local traffic.

When you are outside and you receive message via fsocam app then it is also very quick, but this depends a lot of you 4G connection…

And yet the doorbell pressed and motion does not work. Snapshot works, though.

use local connection via the desktop VMS app, that worked for me.

Thanks for the fast answer, both Homey and Foscam are in the same network, what do you mean by use desktop VMS app?

OK, I’ve got the VMS app, but what that is got to do with the action “door bell pressed” not working?

see this post, here is it explained:

Thanks mate! Some google translate, all works now. Cheers!

It’s been quiet on this topic for a bit… but does that mean there aren’t any VD1 doorbell Homey users with issues? :slight_smile:

My issue is about the snapshot option. I’ve created an advanced flow with the snapshot card but when testing it, and also when it’s doing it’s flow, the snapshot gives a red flag and doesn’t work.

I can not see any option that I would need to set or that might influence this feature… anyone with some experience here?

Thanks! Greetings, Eric

no work fine here

Here I trigger the snapshot of the VD1

and show on my TV

Immidiatly when triggert I get this on my TV:

Thank you B3rt! I wish it did for me too… I am sure I am doing something wrong.

I tested a simple flow-ette and always get an error flow on ‘taking a snapshot’.

Oops. The screenshots are enormous. I don’t know how to make them smaller here… :frowning:

Je gebruikt verkeerde kaart…

Dit is al voldoende:

De trigger is niet eens nodig om een snapshot te gebruiken, in de THEN kaart selecteer je gewoon je camera met snapshot, zodra die kaart wordt gebruikt maakt die zelf opdat moment een snapshot en gebruikt hij deze in je kaart, in mijn geval tonen op de TV.

Dus enkel d

Aha! So that’s how it works for you… I just wanted to save the snapshot somewhere… but couldn’t find a card for it. The ‘Make a snapshot’ card seemed the nearest for that purpose. (What is it for? What is it supposed to do?)

Aha!2: Correction/addendum.

I had noticed in the configuration of the Foscam app that it is supposed to send a snapshot to a specified email address. This is what made me think: that is what the the ‘Make a snapshot’ card is supposed to do. (But I had forgotten about that configuration when I wrote previous.)
So my question remains: why is it giving me an error on the "make a snapshot’ card?