Neato D7 support for Zone cleaning with no-go lines

There is a test version of the app but doesn’t seem to be ready yet. Can’t find any email or way of contacting the developer (Lobo Olsson) - if anyone has contact with him, could you please ask if something is on its way?

What’s new v1.1.0:
[Feature] Added device specific settings for Navigation mode, No-go lines and EcoMode.

2 Likes

Should be nice if there is a more sustainable structure in the ownership for app development practices.

E.g. if there would be a possibility to contribute -give money- to specific functionalities, I would contribute to that.

Paying a developer to implement a specific feature doesn’t do anything for the sustainability of an app, unless you think that because you paid, the developer is indebted to you for maintaining the feature.

Sustainability of an app depends on other factors, like creating a good developer infrastructure, keeping developers well informed on any upcoming changes that might be important, the ability to deal with bad reviews of an app, and most importantly, keeping the developer interested in your product (by offering sneak peeks, discounts, etc).

Last week I raised a ticket to Athom support because the connection issues when using the phone app and Homey app at the same time. Besides they told me about the beta version of the app which now supports no-go lines. That’s a plus. But I never do cleaning of the whole house at 1 run, I always choose zone cleaning. Without this, the app has no added value for me.

At this moment, the only app usage is that when the botvac starts cleaning and a specific door (that leads from the dock to the rest of the house) is closed, i send the botvac back to the dock.

Would be very nice if zone cleaning is implemented.

I can just add to the request.
Now when we have advanced flow, I have created a nice flow that triggers multiple activities when I arm the alarm at home, such as turning off the TVs, all Sonos devices, Philips Hue and some other stuff.
My plan was to also trigger the Neato and depending on which day it is, cleaning a specific zone (kitchen 3 times a week, living room once a week, aso.)
Now I am not sure it is usable at all, specifically if the virtual no-go zones is ignored as well.
Anyone know if Atom found a new developer for the app?

1 Like

I´ll second that!

1 Like