Migratie Homey (Pro) (Pre-2023) naar Homey Pro (Early 2023)

I have a HP2019 with mainly Zigbee devices using the Deconz app (so not native Homey Zigbee), but also Somfy RTS and a couple of wifi devices. On HP23 I would like to switch to using Homey native Zigbee (bulbs) and apps like Aqara (sensors) and Tuya (plugs).

Ideally I’d like to keep all advanced flows & Vars on the HP23, even though they might be broken. From there I would start moving sets of related functionality to HP23 by reconnecting zigbee devices one by one to Homey. For example sets of lights + motion sensors first.

I am curious if someone knows if this is a feasible scenario, without initially loosing functionality on the old Homey? If this gets too messy I guess I’ll just take a day off when nobody is at home and start from scratch. :slight_smile:

BTW: How is zigbee stability in general on the HP23 (Aqara motion + generic bulbs)?

[Update] Performed the migration to HP23 in the mean time, works as expected. Just replaced all the failed Deconz devices by re-adding them to Homey.

1 Like

How did you do that test-migration? I have a HomeyPro Backups account so first thing I treid was tried a HomeyPro-2019-Backup onto my HomeyPro-2023.

That didn’t work wel, every device got a little red triangle and nothing worked. (This was 5 days ago)

How did you manage to get (some) devices working?

And @JeeHaa how is the Zigbee behaving?

In general great, but some Aqara motion sensors skip detections every now and then during the evening. But I suspect this is due to wifi interference (neighbors wifi is on Ch1, I had this with deconz as well). I’m waiting for the zigbee channel change option te become available in developer settings on HP23 to change zigbee Ch11 → Ch15.

Just the same as you, i migrated with a backup, pulled the old out of the power and let the new one boot up.
Most of my devices did not have a triangle, altho i must admit, i didn’t really test all devices and apps, just checked generally the availablility.

This was with the earlier rc version.

I haven’t tried a migration in a while now.

ik ben gister gemigreerd naar HP23, mijn apparaten en flows/logica zijn netjes over genomen. echter nu zie ik dat de “normale flows” niet aanpasbaar zijn of getest kunnen worden. ook doen sommige flows niks, ik laat bijvoorbeeld mijn licht schakelen op een logica en bij het omzetten van de logica gebeurd er niks.

bij het aanpassen/testen van de flow geeft hij de melding: ontbrekende droptoken

iemand dit ook gehad en een eventuele oplossing?

1 Like

Misschien een doekje voor het bloeden: ik heb hetzelfde probleem.

Bekend probleem in de webinterface. Of het ‘corrupte’ onderdeel van de flow vervangen of in de app doen. Daar kan het wel. (Mijn ervaring)

jaa ik probeer dit voor sommigen werkt dit inderdaad. voor andere weer niet.

nu zie ik ook dat sommige Tags wel in de Webapplicatie aanwezig zijn en via de mobile app niet aanwezig zijn. heb alles wel doorgespeeld naar Athom.

Ook herkenbaar. Dit heb ik opgelost door te switchen van ‘lokale labels’ naar de universele labels. Die die werken hier wel. Misschien kun je dat proberen?

Ik moest alle variabelen na de migratie eenmalig eenmalig opnieuw opslaan in de web UI (Klik - Enter), daarna werkten der flows weer. Maar wellicht was dat net een ander issue.

Ja heb dit al bekeken maar in de telefoon app, staan deze tags helemaal niet in de logica.

Maar heb nu via webapp ingesteld en dan doet die het wel. Maar geeft wel foutmelding op de app

Ga ik nog ff proberen dankuu

Nope unfortunately peanutbutter,

Only some wifi devices such as sonos and Eufy robovac are responding
Rest (70 devices) need to be re-paired…
thats gonna be a job for a rainy Sunday…
:frowning:
but thanks for helping

This is down to Zigbee being Zigbee. Z-wave works, and is simply copied over. As I understand Zigbee, there just isn’t a way to migrate without building up the Zigbee network anew. So it’s sadly just a shortcoming of the protocol, not anything Homey could help.

It isn’t a shortcoming of the protocol itself, it is because the chips used differ too much that a migration is just very very hard without re-pairing any devices.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I’ve never had a smooth experience with these types of changes with Zigbee, so I assumed something makes that harder than for, say, Z-Wave. Most of my Zigbee devices are IKEA, so I don’t know if it’s IKEA that sucks, or Zigbee, though.

There are more manufacturers of Zigbee SoC’s, and moving between different manufacturer SoC’s usually can’t be done without having to create a new network because of driver differences.

een kennis van mij heeft de nieuwe homey in bestelling staan, hij heeft recent een mail onvangen dat de migratie problemen van een 2019 naar 2023 model zijn opgelost.

Wat er is opgelost staat niet in de mail, maar weet iemand wat dit inhoud?
Bedoelen ze hiermee da je nu WEL zigbee devices kunt restoren/migreren vanaf je 2019 model naar dit moel zonder dat je hoeft te repairen?

Dit laatste hebben ze namelijk wel verteld dat dit zou kunnen maar nog niet direct bij de release…

Iemand een idee/ervaring?
(het niet migreren van zigbee is namelijk 1 van de redenen dat ik hem nog niet besteld heb)

Niet dat ik me kan herinneren. Wel dat ze het wilden proberen werkend te krijgen, maar gezien de zeer verschillende hardware tussen de oude en de nieuwe Homey is dat praktisch onmogelijk.

1 Like