Loqed

Personal choice indeed. For me Nuki worjs better becaue I ususally got a crate with stuff in my hands when I come home from shopping and it would be like impossible to touch the lock without putting the stuff down.
Nuki just opens the door for me without me needing to do anything in that case :smiley:
So fondle lock would be the worse choice in my usecase. But the idea of loqed seems to have its own charm. At least if you don’t carry things with both hands :smiley:

I think Loqed can do the same based on your Bluetooth distance (ie open the door without needing the touch for confirmation).

I installed my Loqed lock. The lock does open by a simple push on the lock if you carry your bluetooth phone. So fas as intended. Everything else is also working fine so far (4 days).
Unfortunately my Homey is giving me a time-out if I try to include the lock, so no news on the working in Homey from my side (yet).
The lock is not going in night-lock mode from the distance of the users (all away). Since Homey wasn’t an option I solved this by activating a webhook from Apple Homekit.

it does not do this. But a push on you door isn’t that difficult, how else do you open a door?

How did you do the integration with Apple Homekit?

Loqed can be controlled by webhooks. I used those to automate actions in Homekit. Activating a URL. That works fine.

I solved the integration in Homey from instructions of the servicedesk of Loqed. I first deleted the webhooks which went wrong and tried again.

Now I use automation from Homey instead of the Homekit integration.
basically 2 automations which are not possible in Loqed app:

1. If security in Heimdall is activated, lock Loqed in night-lock
  2. Every morning if security is not activated remove night-lock

Lock performs as advertised so far the last week

1 Like

And then is Loqed safer!
Nuki sometimes see you in the garden and thinks the door needs to open.
The difference with Loqed is that you must touch the lock.
Nuki opens the door while you dont want it.

1 Like

Hi Loqed owners, could you let me know how noisy is this lock please? Could anybody drop a video of an unlock-lock in?

I like the design, also features, but Nuki is too noisy for my wife… actually sounds like a drill… :joy:

Its very noisy! Its louder than a nuki i had them both.

Which one is better Nuki or loqed

Probably depends on your requirements, so if you have a list i’m sure people can point you in the right direction

I have a Nuki now.but responding time is very slow sometimes

Example open the app still loading the lock have two
When I tap to open the door it will not respond sometimes hoor Loqed is faster and like the touch to unlock

With touch to unlock must location on on my phone or is Bluetooth enough for this function

Most of the times touch works fine. If not the response of the phone is fast in my opinion. (what I also did is connect the lock from a virtual button, that way I can click a button in Homekit on my phone or order my watch to open the lock. This works with a small delay of I guess two seconds.)

Yes support for Apple Watch would be nice

But if you do that you can’t see the state of the lock I guess

That’s correct, but if I stand in front of the door I know the state

1 Like

I like the Loqed better, its more stable. And i like the control on the outside of the door. Never need a key or phone to enter the house.

1 Like

I recently got 2 loqed locks. at a lock the synchronization does not work properly. example I turn the button to open the door then the status in homey remains closed . anyone have an idea what this

How many loqed locks are you using

Will it work for you when you turn on the knob ?
Is the state in Homey changing ?

Hi Mark. I never use the knob manually. The lock is set to close after I open the door. I have no use for knowing the state so I never checked if Homey knows this.
I use one lock

I use the knob when I woke up and enter outside