Lightwave RF / Andrew Wilde App adapt to new 2.0 firmware

Hi there

I wrote this email because Athom answer me that their Lightwave RF / Athom B.V. app is not in the priority list. I wait from months and can not use Homey with my equipment and I am really disapointed. So I hope some one help me and adapt Lightwave RF / Andrew Wilde App with the new Homey firmware.

Even if one of devices start working I can join and help to make all of them alive. But i have very basic skills to do that.

To be honest I did start this but stopped when I noticed that the official one, limited as it is is now open source. We need to figure out which one is the best one to try and progress.

If you are willing to use a LW Smart hub then my LW Smart app supports a lot of connect devices through that.

If the device you have can be added to the Smart hub and I don’t already support it I can try to add it.

Just wanted to re-awaken this - is Andrew Wilde still around?
I’ve been waiting and waiting for my Lightwave switch to start working again… would be great if this could be re-implemented

Have you tried adding your switch as one of the supported remotes?
I have included my LW205WH as a LW100W remote and the on and off buttons map to the Channel D Button 1 On and Off.

Ooh, I haven’t. Will give that a try now

Legend!

Didn’t work as a remote but it did work as a dimmer socket!

1 Like

Andrew - I really miss your lightwaverf integration with the Homey. I stupidly updated the homey and now it says your SDK version is not supported and I can’t enable you APP. This is a nightmare as I had a load of Lightwaverf generation 1 lights, sockets and relays all working using the flows in Homey with your APP. Have you / are you doing an update? I don’t mind paying for the app. Being without it is a nightmare.

Has anyone found any other solution?

I would happily buy the Lightwaverf Link plus, but that would mean re-programming everyone of my sockets and switches.

Thanks in advance

Not wishing to sound biased, but I think it would be quicker to buy the Link Plus and reprogram the devices than to wait for an update that is very unlikely to come.

Problem is, I was an early LightwaveRF adopter and a fan back then. I did the whole house, outbuildings and garden. It would not only take ages to do but also some of them are out of reach and hard to get at. Plus I have a lot of timers. It will be such a pain to start again. If I go down that route I might start to systematically replace LightwaveRF as a company it’s hopeless and so poorly run. It could have taken the market. I even bought shares in them and they lost all value I. A market where diy home control was growing exponentially. Shockingly bad management. The lack of user friendliness between versions just highlights this unfortunate

I can understand that. I was lucky and bought into LW just as the Smart series was being launched so I started with the Link Plus. I must admit it has benefits in being 2 way so I have lots of flows triggered when lights are switched on at the wall to turn on other lights, etc.

But my feeling is the old version is not going to come back as Athom have released their version of it but with support for very few devices. I don’t think it is a high priority for them as it has such a small userbase of 100’s rather than 1000’s.
Also, I think the Homey API for the 433Mhz devices changed significantly between SDK 1 and SDK 3, so I don’t think it is not a simple port across.