[APP][Pro] Knmi (Dutch weather, for Homey firmware v5 or above)

This app can now be tested here.

That means that Athoms approval has been given to this app. I have not published this app to live just yet (my choice) as I believe it should have automatic updating capabilities (once every 10 minutes) that can trigger flows on changing values.

Say the current temperature is updated, I want a future version of this app to allow you to have a flow start on a temperature change, or any other capability the driver will have (each corresponding to a metric returned by the api).

Prior to having that driver, you can only request data manually, and have a flow start on receiving that data with tokens that can be used in the other cards in the flow. So for now this app will remain in test only.

You could write a workaround in flows, triggering the fetching of data every 10 minutes and saving the desired values to virtual devices that can then be used in other flows, but that is far from optimal, so I will be updating that.

Update:
I have added the device and driver that update every 10 minutes, but sadly do not have any of the automatic on change triggers working yet. I have implemented then as mentioned in the documentation, but sadly they do not fire when updating a value.

I have a question concerning that issue outstanding. If I do not get a response in due time I guess the only way is to describe all triggers manually and fire them manually and forget about the automatic on change triggers. That’s just a whole lot of code that should not be needed.

1 Like