ITEAD Sonoff

You have to do some investigating yourself, perhaps using an app like MQTT Explorer to see which commands are being sent by the Homey app, and what the device is sending back. It doesn’t really make sense that temperature/humidity reports take hours, unless something in the Tasmota setup/configuration is telling it to only send telemetry messages after that period of time.

@robertklep Hi Robert,
(in het Engels en niet Nederlands zodat andere ook kunnen van profiteren)
to start, I really appreciate all the time you put in to this.
I have 3 sonoff RF/wifi devices, with the latest version 3.4
I just bought Homey and I am to add those to the list. I have read many of the threads, I have installed your app, but I cannot get it to work, I tried also the procedure with the RF Original without Tasmota and even that doenst work, I dont even see my Sonoff on the wifi list (when putting it to program mode). I am not a programmer, but I am thechy. Is there a good guidelines how to do it? do I have to flash the firmware? would really appreciate help otherwise I am going to send the homey back,.
thanks

Yes, you do need to flash the firmware to get these devices to work with Homey.

@robertklep - is this video the way to flash it?

I never used that method, but it looks like it’s at least one of the methods to flash Tasmota on the device. Another method is by using a USB-to-TTL device, as explained in this video.

my problem is that I could not see the Sonoff showing on the WIFI. so at the step when I need to get to program mode and log into the ITEADxxxx - I never managed to see my sonoff on the list, any ideas?

Which devices do you have, specifically? I believe that you need to put the devices in “setup” mode, otherwise they won’t create the WiFi network. I seem to remember that for the Sonoff Basic devices, you can see it’s in setup mode by the way it flashes the LED’s.

well, it was a bit of playing around but I got a bit further, then I got suck before the final stage, I never got that “final stage” wifi. I tired to do it again and this is what I have:

bb-system-1220:SonOTA-master tamir$ ./sonota.py

Current IPs: [‘10.10.7.2’]

Select IP address of the WiFi interface:

0: 10.10.7.2

Select IP address [0]: 0

It looks like you are already on a Sonoff/Final stage WiFi network, please change to your normal WiFi network. If this has already been done, you may need to modify the IP range of your LAN to use this tool safely. If this is what you intended run again with --no-prov to skip this step.

Quitting.

Like I said, I never used the SonOTA tool, but it sounds like it’s saying that you need to disconnect from the Sonoff device’s WiFi network, reconnect to your regular network, and continue with the SonOTA procedure.

No, I never made it to the final stage so I cannot continue as it says

Can’t really help with that I’m afraid, perhaps others here have used the same method, or perhaps some SonOTA-specific forums :frowning:

hi Robertklep , how are you? some days ago an idea jumped in my head, and a problem was born (obviously)… if in the future I will change my router , I need to rename with the same name the network , set the same password of older router and only to set the same ip of homey (to use Matt broker) , after this will all my tasmota device work fine ? right? thanks

Yes, I think that will work without problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. With T3 Switch and TASMOTA, the light turns on during pressing or release of wall touch button?

I did investigations, everything works fine when I connected a single sonoff device. After i enroll the second sonoff module i start to have problems. I delete one and it works without problems again. Any idea?

Does each device have its own unique topic setting in the Tasmota MQTT configuration?

I hope this is the correct topic for it, I have some issues adding sonoff basic and mini on homey.

I have a homey with mqtt broker app installed and configured.
I have flashed the tasmota-lite.bin on the sonoff mini and configured the wifi and mqtt settings.
It has another topic then the one that already exist.

On the web console of the sonoff mini I see its connected to my homey.

But when I try adding the device in homey as basic (tasmota) or generic (tasmota) i always get a 30000ms time out.
I also had a spare sonoff basic which I configured with the tasmota firmware but this neither shows up.

I already tried restarting homey, mqtt broker, sonoff app, sonoff mini (also plugging it out and in) but I can’t seem the add the device.

When I check the sonoff settings in homey and check the tasmota devices tab I only see the one that is already connected (and works).

Any tips?

I didn’t think you could flash sonoff mini (that’s the usb one right?)
I’d very much like to get this on homey so if you have can you share?

Sonoff mini is this thing; https://sonoff.tech/product/wifi-diy-smart-switches/sonoff-mini

Ah sorry, my bad. The usb is the micro. Silly naming convention!