IKEA Zigbee amplifier

Just read that IKEA will be selling a zigbee amplifier :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m just wondering if its an amplifier or a router (or both)

In dutch :
https://www.iculture.nl/nieuws/ikea-tradfri-signaalversterker-10-meter-bereik/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=webfeeds

How will it know which network it is on? Think you need to add it somewhere I guess.

From the instruction manual:
You cannot add IKEA Smart lighting
products directly to your signal repeater. A
TRÅDFRI steering device is needed to add
them.

Homey is a tradfri steering device…, right?
So it might vbe possible to add it to the homey mesh and use it as an amplifier (like other powered devices)

Yes, it might be possible. Will test when I have one at hand.

Any news on this? Adding Ikea Signal Repeater as a device in Homey?

You need to install the IKEA beta app.

S,

As Senad writes you need to install the beta version of the app where I have added support for this device.

The device is “stupid” and after including it all it does is routing the Homey Zigbee network. It has no options and no settings.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @johan_bendz,
If my primarily objective is to extend the Zigbee mesh network, could I just as well be using an Trådfri power outlet, directly on the Homey Zigbee network?

Yes, exactly as Ray says.

(even though my personal experience is that Osram devices have issues routing other brands - odd… and I can’t explain why…)

1 Like

Thanks @RoyWissenburg, yes I understand the principle behind it. But while reading and trying to make a choice before buying, there is just as much said about issues with Homey and Zigbee meshing.

1 Like

Cant get it connected to Homey. Tried several times.
Anybody with werking instructions?

1 Like

Adding it while close to Homey? What is the error message?

The led must blink. But thats dificult to see. And after it Homey app says it took to long to add.

I have added one about 2 weeks ago, before some sensors dropped out. After adding the network seems stable and no dropouts anymore. The meshing shown at atoms developer page does not show everything, there are 2 routing routes, 1 to the device and one back, the route back you do not see. :wink:
For me thus it works perfect

But did you add it while close to Homey (the manual says 5cm)? Or from the spot where you installed it?

10 cm from Homey

Hmm, i just read the manual and it says 5cm. I know the Ikea devices can be very picky. The rotating dimmer only pairs if you almost put it against the bulb or against the Homey dome…

Did you already try to reset the repeater itself before trying to add it to Homey?

Close to homey, like 10-15 cm