Ikea Tretakt power usage

Hi everyone,

Has anyone bought the Ikea Tretakt power plug and if so, does it monitor your power consumption?
I think it’s quiet a good alternative to the expensive alternatives. I mean €12.99 (in the Netherlands) for a smart plug with remote control is quiet a bargain if you ask me.

I can’t find it an answer on the world wide web (or I’m just not reading properly…)

Thanks in advance!

According to the zigbee2mqtt database, it doesn’t support power monitoring, and this Dutch article explicitly states it isn’t supported either: “De slimme stekker geeft helaas geen inzicht in het stroomverbruik van het apparaat, wat met sommige concurrenten wel mogelijk is.” ("Unfortunately, the smart plug does not provide insight into the power consumption of the device, which is possible with some competitors.")

1 Like

There is also no information on the IKEA web site or in the manual that the plug can measure the power.

Thanks @robertklep @DirkG !

Found this at Teknikveckan.se

"Ikea Inspelning, som mäter anslutna enheters energiförbrukning lanseras i butikerna under oktober månad. Den blir kompatibel med Ikea Dirigera där den kan visa energiförbrukningen separat från Energiöversikten i appen.
För den som vill gräva ner sig i det tekniska kring Ikea Inspelning så finns den tekniska dokumentationen här.

The TRETAKT seems to measure around 50 x 40 mm (~2.0 x 1.6-in), while the INSPELNING is wider at about 65 x 40 mm (~2.6 x 1.6-in). This makes them both smaller than the existing TRADFRI Wireless control outlet, which is 98 mm (~3.9-in) wide and 54 mm (~2.1-in) tall."

So available in store in October in Sweden but not much later in US. I don’t get it why they release two plugs, but I guess only one measures the energy while the other one is smaller compared to the current unit. Just a guess though.