Ikea Tradfri problem

Typical BS answer, I’m afraid.

Reporting has to be turned on explicitly, and it’s working fine for all of my IKEA devices when using zigbee2mqtt.

That is my thinking as well.

I was thinking about having a look at the sourcecode (I can read Js/typsecript, but have never delved into Homey apps), but I can’t seem to find the code on Athoms github account. Don’t they even publish their own apps? (If that is the case: why the H… not??)
Looking at their example IKEA app I certainly can’t find a trace of Attribute reporting as described here, but that may no be representative of the apps actual code of course…

What do you think about the “solution” og creating a flow to set the state of the bulb? It seems a bit wonky to me - Sending an extra ON to a device that is already on does no actual harm (probably), but I can imagine issues when (not if) Homey/Zigbee misses an event and the state in Homey does not match the actual state.

[quote=“THN, post:22, topic:72375”]
Don’t they even publish their own apps?
[/quote[

Not anymore.

Many years ago, Athom accused another home automation platform of stealing their code (which was open source, so…), and ever since then, most (all?) of their app repositories are set to private.

There’s that, and you’d also have to experiment if sending an ON to the device doesn’t interfere with the current dimming value that the device is set to.

Thanks for the history lesson! :slight_smile:
I didn’t know about this conflict from the past.

It really is a shame that we no longer have access to Athoms own apps - a great source of information and learning that is lost to the community… :pensive:

Plus it’s also caused a lot of community developers to put their apps on private too :frowning:

FYI.

Athoms suggestion to use a flow to update the on/off state of the bulb (by sending an extra on/off command) appears to work fine. (although I find i bit of crutch - it really should work in the first place).

This does however not magically make the dim level update in Homey (of course). I can’t see a workaround to make that happen either, but it is less of an issue than the on/off is.

1 Like