[APP][Pro] Huawei Solar - Smart energy for a better life

Hi Dennis,

Can you send me a debug report please?

Hey, sorry. Huawei did something wrong with the api user for me apparently but I got it now working :slight_smile: I can only see one thing that it doesnā€™t work. IMPORT (-) / Export(+) Grid, this one it doesnā€™t update. Rest of the values is updated but not this one. I have the smart meter connected and it works in the fusion solar app

Hi @Dennis93

Iā€™m trying to get modbus to work, I hope this will fix some of the issues.
It might take some time to complete this.

1 Like

Okey thanks! Would help so much getting that value also reporting :slight_smile:

Any news on this one :slight_smile: anything I can help with?

Good morning, Iā€™m still working on getting connected to the inverter.
I have an open case with Huawei, but it is not progressing.

So if you want you can figure out if you can connect to the inverter so this new feature can be developed.

I am not that good at coding or Rs-485 over tcp parameters.
I hope you can figure it out :smiley: Otherwise the app works without any issues! :slight_smile:

Good evening

I have bad news, I did not succeed in connecting to my inverter.
So this will be parked for now.

Wouter

Hi guys. For the email to Huawei. What should I ask for? Any specific info they need apart from the sn or reason why I need an account?

You donā€™t have to give them a reason, they will know what to do.

Is it possible to integrate the Huawei System with Modbus TCP?

Hi @Solarguys

I am refering to this article Control charging based on prices Ā· Issue #3 Ā· reyntjensw/Homey-FusionSolar Ā· GitHub

It looks like modbus will not be supported in any new versions

@reyntjensw Huawei does not create the API account anymore. They tell you to contact your installer to create the account.

After several weeks mailing with Huawei and my installer, today they finaly made me an API-account. When i try to connect the app i get ā€œcannot read property ā€˜nameā€™ of undefinedā€ ā€¦

1 Like

Hi Didy

It sometimes happens that the API key is not working when you get it.
Could you ask your installer to double check it?

Hi, something is not 100% clear to me. I do have a FusionSolar account that I can log into to see my Luna device and its stats. That account was set up for me by the system installer. Do I need a different login to use with this app or should it work in theory? I also get the ā€œcannot read property ā€˜nameā€™ of undefinedā€ error message, but the login works on the FusionSolar websiteā€¦

1 Like

Hi

You need another api login for this. Your installer can create this for you.

Thanks, that clears things up (and may also explain the error message someone else was seeing)

You have to turn on the Modbus Communication for your Inverter.
This is only possible if you Login as Installer

That is correct but for some reason, Iā€™m unable to test the connection.
I had multiple issues raised tickets but they were not able to identify the issue.

I have the same problem as Samuel. Can not add my inverter to my devices in Homey. Property ā€œNameā€ can not be read when logging in . I do not see how the answer Samuel got had anything to do with fault?!
I have only tried to add the inverter once a day last week.