[HowTo] Homey Pro (Early 2023) - Getting started (With Early Access)

I was hoping the new would fix zigbee… Been using deconz for a while now as I had issues with Aqara sensors losing connection, but I would like to turn off that server anytime soon.
What are your expectations for having a working zigbee network in any future updates?

1 Like

fixing zigbee is now prio 1 but they say it is a tricky issue.

1 Like

that helped! devices and flows are now added. still a bit of bugs regarding repairing zigbee, it says it got an error trying to repair but then it did it anyways.

such a relief, after two dead Homeys I got realy fed up, the PRO not doing what it supposed to do. Anyway, the migration part is just rubbish, there should be a better instruction from Athom on how to do this. I didn’t know about the factory reset ( it just came out of the factory right?) so thats a step I just don’t find logical.

device functions properly, the app is constantly glitching and stalling. so after a few dozen app resets it gets quite anoying real fast.

I’d like to give credit to Athom sending me a replacement Homey pro (early 2019) so quickly, it doesn’t cover up the fact that this is the second one dying because of PSU issues. this one is still under warranty so I got that going for me, which is nice :wink:

Well… Updating to rc55 bricked my Homey. Didn’t boot after the update. Pulled the plug 8 hours later, and still the red LED-ring.

Didn’t work. I’m now trying to reset with the USB-tool.

Update: first tried to install rc55 again via USB. Didn’t work.
Then reset to factory settings, which was a clean install of rc55. That worked! But after restoring the backup, Homey became red again. I’m not sure what the problem is, but I’m waiting for the next update until I’m trying to install again.

Too bad I can’t install an old rc.

Lesson learned: next time I will create a full backup via USB, so I can easily revert to the previous firmware.

Hi to you All,

Most is working fine, exept the old flows out of the backup.
old advance flows are ther, old normal flows not.
The maps and stucture is there but they are empty, exept the advance flows.

Some one an idea?

THX!

Some have the standard flows restored, some have not.
I’d suggest to report it to Athom using the link on this page:

2 Likes
  • Does anyone know if Insights should be migrated as well?

• Is it possible to import exported insights on Pro 2023?

2 Likes

Is is possible after “migration attempt” - meaning to see what works and doesn’t, simply to turn on old Homey back ? Naturally without repairing Zigbee ut not sure if Z-Wave devices get’s “auto” migrated and you can’t revert it.

AFAIK zigbee and zwave devices can be paired with one controller only.
When your devices are paired to an new controller, as a result, they should be unknown to / disconnected from the ‘old’ controller.
But that’s in theory :wink: :wink:

That’s exactly why I’m asking because ZWAve migration shall be automatic, Zigbee not…so I wonder if by restoring/migrating from HP2019, I actually loose option to go back without full rebuild.

Yes, but, just switching on the 2019, is not the same as migrating to 2023?

Maybe let me repeat my original question : Is is possible after “migration attempt” - meaning to see what works and doesn’t, simply to turn on old Homey back ? Naturally without repairing Zigbee not sure if Z-Wave devices get’s “auto” migrated and you can’t revert it.

There is no easy answer for this.
For z-wave it probably will work again when turning on the old Homey again, migration happens on Homeys level, not on the device (the device probably doesn’t even know)

ZigBee you need to repair to connect them to the new Homey Pro, it might work if you double include it back into the old Homey Pro, but as the device was already reset fully by including it into the new Homey, that might not work.

But it can always fail, there is no guarantee that anyone can give.

1 Like

Thank you - except of those that reverted back :wink: I just see certain risk it will be not usable (yet)…so let’s see, I will probably test it later myself.

I did a migration attempt, to see how it would go.

But continued to use my original device.

However once I migrated I never repaired any of the zigbee devices so they were still in the original zigbee network.

1 Like

Yep, that make sense…what about ZWave please ? :wink:

Zwave works on both devices, however the app caches states app is unable to track changes made on homey to the other homey.

So turn in a zwave devices on your new homey your old homey won’t be updated that it is on.

1 Like

I just got my new Homey yesterday to replace my old Homey Early 2016. I know that most apps that are essential for my daily use has been updated but there are many bugs left so after migrating to the new Homey I’m sure that I need to revert back to my old Homey.

Has anyone successfully tried this yet? I know that @Sharkys has the same questions. Have you tried it out yet?

These are the steps I see that I need to do to just try out the new Homey and then go back to the old one:

1. Turn off old Homey.
  2. Migrate to the new Homey by using a backup.
  3. Test it out without repairing anything.
  4. Turn off the new Homey.
  5. Migrate back to the old Homey by using a backup (i.e. not just turning it back on or would that be enough).

@Jamie, did you just leave the old Homey as it was? You didn’t make a migration back to it by using a backup?

Any missing or faulty steps above?

I have to many Z-Wave and Zigbee devices to start all over again at the moment. Not to mention all flows and other IoT enabled devices that are connected to my Homey.