How to rollback firmware from V 5.0 back to V 4.20

Still wondering what made u do the experimental thingie?
Just because experimental is not an update, it’s an experimental release and (especially with this release) there was a lot of warnings all over the place that some things could fail and some other things would fail for sure.

1 Like

@Rocodamelsheki

Nope, I was fully aware. And in the announcement, we alI received Early June, Homey put a disclaimer that some apps might not work with V5. They even listen the apps they thought would be Vulnable.

But as i did not find any apps in that list that my house is heavily depending on, I figured I would be OK. And, so I figured, If not I can always go back to V4.2… I did not know that downgrading (without losing settings) would not be possible. A warning about that would have been appreciated.

Now I feel stupid and heavily regret not digging deeper while I had the chance… But I lacked the time…

Now I face daily complaints from my spouse about how nothing works, and it’s all my fault… :frowning: in Dutchism “Who burns his ass, must sit on the blisters”

1 Like

This procedure doesn’t work in Mac? Why?!

I will try this to rollback my homey to 4.2. The v5 rc44 works with exception of Ledvance Osram GU10 rgb lights. The other Ledvance items (plug, garden lights) still work.

1 Like

I’ve got the same prb, the osram GU10 won’t work, they are recognized by homey, but they won’t answer to any orders … even just on off… my other osram devices works perfectly well. It seems that osram are stopping updates by the end of year …

What do you mean with “Osram stopping updates by end of year?”

Hoi did you set youre settings back?
When i do a rollback all my backups are greyed out.

My system is very unstable with the latest experimental version of 7.0.1 RC5 I see a very high system load continually. And there for homey is not accessable or offline. If I rollback to stable 7.0 do I loose all my devices? Do I need to add everything new? I have the backup subscription. Please advice.