How to rollback firmware from V 5.0 back to V 4.20

By misstake my experimental tab was on and now i have V 5.0 that dont work with my devices in house. I made factory reset but still V 5.0 load even if i have ticked off experimental tab in homey developer web site.
Please help!!!

BR Dario

1 Like

Have you tried searching the forum for other threads in this topic?

Hi Jamie!
Yes ofcourse!
I have procedure how to restore Homey but it doesnt work for me.
Now i made factory reset one more time but still V5.0.xx load.
What i was doing:
1.Checked in homey developer that experimental tab ticked off
2.Checked in Homey app that all experimental ticks are off and ticked of automatic update.
3. Chrome web browser open setup.athom.com , proced until when need to connect to Homey setup SSID
4.Turned homey upp and down, count from 10-0 , connected to Homey setup SSID.
5.Now i made choice of Dont connect an athom account with ALT button option.
6.After that it warns to put back Homey on leg , after some time Homey told me to connect again with setup.athom.com and only option ihad was to connect with my existing account.
7. After setup i have still Same V5.0

Done 3 times restore to factory after last post but same everytime V5.0
Strange thing is when restoring everytime Homey inform “update is up to date” and dont give any options to downgrade.
It seams if V5.0 is loaded there is no way to roll back to 4.20.
Sad because my house is equiped with lot Zigbee devices that does not work anymore.
BR Dario

My understanding of the experimental channel is that you can now ‘leave’ the experimental channel, meaning you will no longer receive experimental updates.

But I don’t believe there is anyway to roll back, but you will need to contact support to ask them whether they can help have you checked your backups?

I successfully rolled back from experimental V5 to V 4.20.

I used the same method as Jamie but under firmware checking you have to hold the ALT button.
There you will have the option to roll back to latest stable version.

Remember to hit “next” button once you have checked the box…I hit the box itself resulting in “you already have the latest firmware”. Took me many attempts to find out that I hit the wrong button :slight_smile:

PS!! If you dont have a Homey Pro + subscription you will loose all your data doing this!
I have a subscription and was able to restore all my settings from latest V 4.20 backup after rollback.

PS2!! Make sure you have disabled to experimental tab under homey developer - if not homey will update to V5 again :wink:

4 Likes

BINGO!!!
Thanks homey-sandve this method work. Where , how did you found this method ??? This should be good for other user to read if they want to revert back to 4.2.
What i done whith your help:
1.After connecting to wifi , emediatly i was pressing ALT when update checking was ongoing. PS do not release ALT key otherwise it will continue with setup.
When i hold ALT i get these alternatives for selection:

Still i was holding ALT key and selected with mouse Revert to stable channel, still ALT hold and press enter.
After that load with new software started and i successfuly get back old firmware.
Forget to mention that i lose all settings.
Thanks home-sandve and all other for help. This make my day Happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you want I can attach a link how to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows ME, if anyone are interested, you know…going the wrong way!

Since the update to V5 a lot of apps don’t work anymore
e.g. Homewizard
Smart Presence
Led Ring Collection
Homeykit

My whole House(heating, lights etc) was based on time and presence triggers or Siri commands so now basically the whole system is down!! HELP!!

How can I downgrade to V4.2 tha easiest way?!?
… I did read posts about resetting homey but it is not clear to me how it works

Does anyone have a stpe-by-step-guide?

Menne 5days ago i made step by step guide if any question post . You will lose all settings .

Can’t you just restore a (4.2) backup afterwards?

Where is it then? appearanently My post Has been Moved to this thread, but I can’t find the guide you’re talking about.

Hi Jamie!
Yes ofcourse!
I have procedure how to restore Homey but it doesnt work for me.
Now i made factory reset one more time but still V5.0.xx load.
What i was doing:
1.Checked in homey developer that experimental tab ticked off
2.Checked in Homey app that all experimental ticks are off and ticked of automatic update.
3. Chrome web browser open setup.athom.com , proced until when need to connect to Homey setup SSID
4.Turned homey upp and down, count from 10-0 , connected to Homey setup SSID.
5.Now i made choice of Dont connect an athom account with ALT button option.
6.After that it warns to put back Homey on leg , after some time Homey told me to connect again with setup.athom.com and only option ihad was to connect with my existing account.
7. After setup i have still Same V5.0

8d

BINGO!!!
Thanks homey-sandve this method work. Where , how did you found this method ??? This should be good for other user to read if they want to revert back to 4.2.
What i done whith your help:
1.After connecting to wifi , emediatly i was pressing ALT when update checking was ongoing. PS do not release ALT key otherwise it will continue with setup.
When i hold ALT i get these alternatives for selection:

Still i was holding ALT key and selected with mouse Revert to stable channel, still ALT hold and press enter.
After that load with new software started and i successfuly get back old firmware.
Forget to mention that i lose all settings.
Thanks home-sandve and all other for help. This make my day Happy

Not helpfull at all @Tangodelta I (and I think everyone in this thread) would not need to Roll-back if it weren’t necessary. But over here, some system-critical apps are down. So I NEED to Rollback, just to get my system back in operation, whilst I wait for app-developers to catch up on V5/SDK3

can u put back your flows with flowbackup?

I cant use Flow backup due to incompability issues with 4.20 version. Other way is tu use Homey+ subscription which iam not and you need to purchase subscription. Maybe somebody else know some free solution ???

I have a Homey backup subscription but it only stores the last 7 updates and it updates everyday…
So all the updates available are alreay V5 :frowning:

If flow backup isn’t working then you might try community backup option, and if that isn’t working and there is no backup available for 4.2 of your Homey under Homey Backups (you can disable auto backup in the app settings).
Then there is nothing else then restart over from factory defaults if you really want v4.2 over v5.

Thanks @Caseda this looks promising,
Buy the way, it not that I WANT V4.2 over V5.0
My whole system of lightning, alarm and heating is based on Smartpresence, and my heating is still controlled by Homewizards’ Heatlink. So basically half my system is Down now,