How to activate advanced flows

Have ordered and paid for advance flows 14 days ago, how and when do i get it?

It’s not a stupid question because Athom’s communication is so bad on this subject that it’s almost a coincidence that we finally find out how to do it. Personally, I paid and then manually asked for the Homey update through the app, and it updated to latest version. Then on a PC (or Mac…), when I wanted to create a new Flow, there was a choice between a Standard Flow and an Advanced Flow.

1 Like

Advanced flows is not an update in Homey itself, it is a flag (like a checkmark in the settings) that gets enabled the instant the payment is processed.
So a refresh of the webGUI is enough to show it.
You might need to flush the cache if it doesn’t show up immediately.

I did update the topic title, “maybe a stupid question” is a little bit too random.

1 Like

You already have Advanced Flows enabled; which happens right after buying.

Just go to

Evt refresh the page and log in with your Homey account.
Hit the blue + at the top of the page and select “new advanced flow”.

Enjoy!

Its hard to know when they send out a mail that say ” We’ll let you know when it ships and is headed your way.” :joy:

1 Like

Did you already check what I wrote here above?
You probably won’t get such an email. It is activated instantly.
Just check my.homey.app.

I would say, Check here:

Should show your Homey with a nice Blue Tag:

else Update your Homey to the latest Homey (Pro) Firmware (v8.0)
It should be available instantly, if you ordered it at least with the correct Email Address (Account) you use to manage / operate your Homey.

Yes i did. What do you mean that i Will not get that sort of mail? I kwoted from a mail i got 14 days i ago.

Ah, didn’t know such a confusing email was sent.

But again (3x): did you do as I (and Caseda and Dijker) suggested in my first message here above?

Have not had time yet. Have just been on my phone until now. Soon i will have time for the computer

Bumping an old thread but I thought Advanced Flows was a purchase once per Homey device? And so when you sell your, for example old 2019 Homey it now comes with Advanced Flows. Somewhere I thought I remember reading that but cannot find anything about that online.

Homey Pro (Early 2023) includes advanced flow as Homey Subscription does for Homey (cloud)

So No Need to purchase it again for a Newer Homey,

only if you buy a Homey (Pro) (Early 2016-2019) where it wasn’t purchased before (fe a 2nd hand from previous owner or what we call in Dutch a ‘winkeldochter’ guess best translation would be a shelf warmer… :wink: )

1 Like

Yes, Advanced flows belongs to the device wherefore it was bought, so if you sell a Homey that contains the advanced flows, the advanced flows are also sold with that Homey.

2 Likes