How can my door sensor turn on a light in a different room?

Okay, so I have four rooms on the second floor in my home. I mainly use three, which are my bedroom, the bathroom, and a living room that connects the two. I have lights in all of them, and door sensors on both the bedroom door and the bathroom door. They both turn on the lights in their respective room, but I also want them to turn on the lamp in the living room.

So far I have a motion sensor for when I come up the stairs. This activates the living room zone and turns on the lamp, which works flawlessly. The two door sensors on the other hand are in each their zone, but also in the Second Floor Zone. What I want is for them to also activate the living room zone, so the light turns on when I for example walk from my bedroom to the bathroom in the morning.

I’ve found a workaround which is to use the Second Floor Zone, but this also involves a motion sensor in the bathroom, so whenever I am in the bathroom, the living room lights will be on all the time.

I’ve tried Virtual Devices to add a virtual door, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to make this work, as the only variables I can add is the “Contact-alarm”, but it doesn’t do anything.

So in short, I want one sensor from my bedroom and one from my bathroom to activate the living room zone.

Any advice?

I assume the door sensor’s are available in homey? If so, isn’t this as easy as making 2 flow’s?
1 which triggers with bathroom door sensor and turns on light in living room and another flow that does the same with bedroom door sensor?

You have to activate, or deactivate this contact alarm yourself, for example with a flow as above.

If you dont use the bathroom as a zone to trigger flows then you can configure the motion sensor in the bathrom as “Exclude from zone activity” in the settings menu on the motion sensor.

I can do it that way, but I would like it to activate the Living Room Zone, so it follows my Zone-flows as it would if the motion sensor in my staircase would.

I do, I use the door sensor for turning on the bathroom zone, and the motion sensor for keeping the zone active

You can use the app < group >.

Create a new Contact Sensor device and add the door sensors of the bed- and bathroom.
Move the new < group > device into the living room zone. The default setting of the new device is that the zone activity is switched on, so there is no need to change anything. So if you open the bathroom and/or bedroom door, the living room zone will also be activated.

I hope I have understood your requirements correctly.

Making a group seems to work really well, what a great idea! Thank you! I’ll continue testing it a little, but it seems to do just what I wanted it to