Homey V5 (Discussion about v5 before it was released to stable)

Read my post again. Two apps exist. The first Osram Lightify is not V5 compatible the second Osram Lightify (Zigbee) is V5 compatible.

In my memories there were two Osram apps on that list :wink:
Anyway, problem solved.
Now I only have to find some courage to step in the v5 world.

They work fine

1 Like

Iā€™m still on 4.2.0, but when I open the P1 smartmeter device, I get the notification that the device maybe will not be longer supported in the future.

The app is: https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.p1.dsmr/P1-DSMRv4-Board-Lezer/
Which according the developer page is on SDKv2.
Also itā€™s not listed in the list of non-supported apps for V5.0.0.

So any idea why I get this notification? Or nothing to do with V5.0.0?

The app developer has marked the device driver as Deprecated. Likely a new driver for the same device has been made but no migration is possible. So youā€™ll need to re add the device to benefit from the new driver.

2 Likes

Re-adding the device ended up in a non-findable situation :cry:
So I had to restore a backup from yesterday.

Maybe Iā€™ll have to try to contact the developer about whatā€™s going onā€¦

Just 20? Not 50?

No, 20.

1 Like

When utilizing enough routers it shouldnā€™t matter that much. And when exceeding that, then move to deConz or something else.

1 Like

is anything changed in the code to use in homeyscript for sdk 3 ? i dont think so cant find any changelogs for that

Have you looked at the test version and the examples?
What change did you expect or are you looking for?
Or what isnā€™t working after upgrading?

Do we have an ETA of when version 5 will be released?

Iā€™m pretty depended on my Homey and I use mostly Zigbee devices (Xiaomi/Aqara, Ikea), so the Zigbee improvements would be great to have as I sometimes experience minor problems with Zigbee communications. I understand I could use the beta v5, but Iā€™m scared of the consequences.

No.

Thank you for the very clear and fast answer Robert, but I was asking for an estimate, like:

• 1e quarter of 2021
  • 2e half of 2021

Is it impossible to have a bit more insight of the timetable?

Furthermore;

• What are the consequences of running the beta version and will it update to a later beta of pre-release automatically.

To be honest: yes. Athom doesnā€™t publish ETAā€™s on their firmware. It may be tomorrow, it may be somewhere in 2021. All we know, it will be Before Christmas (in any given year).

3 Likes

Beside the fact, that its beta and some of devices/apps doesnt have to work correctly, I dont see other consequences. If you turn off auto updates, then you have updates fully under control and once stable V will be ready, you can update to it and become offitial. So far Im runnig on V5 for some weeks already and no single issue (with following apps and devices Fibaro, Aqara, Remotec, Hank, Smartpresence, Ikea, Countdown, Heimdall, IFTTT, Shelly, Sonos, Xiaomi Mi Home and few others).

1 Like

Is it possibly to downgrade if i update to v5?

Donā€™t do it!

Getting mixed signalsā€¦ Some have problem, some donā€™t. For now I donā€™t have any problems, but mu ā€œupgrade fingerā€ itches!

1 Like

Not every update is an upgrade!
And if it ainā€™t brokenā€¦!