@homey staff ... is Homey dead? ☠️

We should all remain realistic. It is no problem to combine Homey with Home Assistant. Thanks to MQTT and the Home Assistant app, the possibilities for your own Smart Home are doubled. HA and Homey almost merge into one unit. If Homey alone is not enough, there are countless more possibilities.
Even if Homey is not able to support Matter, this standard can be used via HA. We will not have to wait much longer until the first Matter sticks will be available.
Personally, I would not be willing to pay another €400 just to buy a Homey with Matter.
So if you want a Homey “Special Edition”, combine it with HA. It will take you months to discover all the new things this Homey turbo can do.
This also takes away the fear that Athom could go broke, because a second player can also take over all the tasks in case of need.

2 Likes

Maybe people would stop complaining if Atom communicated in some way. Three months since update on Beta status is ridiculous. Do they even work on the project or is it time to move on?

Homey Pro May be stable, but Homey Bridge is not, and there’s been no visible movement. I had to put a mechanical timer to force a power cycle at night before it became reasonably stable - that’s pretty sad for a beta that was supposed to end a half year ago.

2 Likes

Source please?
I cannot believe Athom said one word about a deadline :wink:

@Magnil
Agreed it’s weird the beta status page isn’t updated for 3 months now, without a word from HQ

Jeg har lest mange artikler de siste 8 måneder og husker ikke hvor jeg lest den - tema var når betaling skulle starte (som jeg tolker slutten av beta). Som nesten alle kommer jeg til å ha flere enn 5 enheter og jeg er ikke villig til å betale for å delta i en «beta».

Kan være jeg tolket noe feil, men rund årsskiftet sendt de ut en undersøkelse hvor de blant annent spurte om vi var villig til å betale nå. Siden har det vært stille. Kan være tilfeldig, men….

Liste over problemer er nesten statisk, og man får ikke svar fra de når man rapportere feil.

Men heldigvis jeg har ikke opplevd noe som krever jeg må ta omstart siden jeg satt på timeren. Før det opplevde jeg problemer med zwave innen to dager og den sluttet å fungere. Det kan være et heatit problem, men jeg tror ikke det - en app burde ikke kunne krasje hele zwave.

Driver problemet er sporadisk og plagsomt, men enkel å fikse. I tillegg, oppvarmingsesongen er forbi så jeg har lite kritisk om noe finner seg i å fungere ikke en stund.

Men om ikke de begynner å fikse ting veldig snart ellers snakke om hva som skjer (som er standard i en ordentlig beta) er jeg ferdig og går over til et annet system. Selvet systemet er ok, men jeg mister tillit til selskapet. (Kunne bytte til Pro, men min mening er Homey Pro er bare bra på grunn av denne community, og uten tillit til selskapet er det for mye penger.)

1 Like

Seriously?

3 Likes

English please

From Google translate:

I have read many articles in the last 8 months and do not remember where I read it - the topic was when payment should start (which I interpret the end of the beta). Like almost everyone, I will have more than 5 units and I am not willing to pay to participate in a “beta”.

I may have misinterpreted something, but around the turn of the year they sent out a survey in which they asked, among other things, if we were willing to pay now. Since then it has been quiet. May be random, but….

The list of problems is almost static, and you do not get answers from them when you report errors.

But luckily I have not experienced anything that requires me to have to restart since I set the timer. Before that I experienced problems with zwave within two days and it stopped working. It can be a heatit problem, but I do not think so - an app should not be able to crash the whole zwave.

The driver problem is sporadic and troublesome, but easy to fix. In addition, the warm-up season is over so I have little criticism if something finds itself in not working for a while.

But unless they start fixing things very soon otherwise talk about what’s going on (which is standard in a proper beta) I’m done and move on to another system. The system itself is ok, but I lose confidence in the company. (Could switch to Pro, but my opinion is Homey Pro is only good because of this community, and without trust in the company it is too much money.)

1 Like

Went into auto Mode on language - thanks!

1 Like

And there are more then enough community members to buy Athom when needed :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Ok, let’s collect and take over the company !!!

Love pinky and the brain !

Really? I feel that if you got so far to set up Home Assistant and are able to get them to interact, then you can surely also understand Home Assistant enough to switch to Home Assistant completely. And it can do so much more if you want. There is nothing Homey can do more than Home Assistant. So once you have Home Assistant too the 399 Homey Pro investment is no longer bringing anything useful to the table.

The Home Assistant GUI to create flows is not so much harder to use than Homey anymore. I found it quite easy to get used to. Only if you want to do stuff that Homey can’t do in the first place will you need to know about the harder scripting stuff.

EDIT: on second thought, once you add Home Assistant your possibilities might indeed be doubled. Even if you take away Homey. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

You may certainly be right. It would no longer be a problem for me to switch off Homey. But as they say in Germany, it’s better to stand on two legs than one. Home Assistant is still difficult for many here. I, too, could only do many things with help. If you only want to do simple things, Homey is a good choice. Power users are well advised to operate both systems at the same time in the beginning. Home Assistant has to be learned slowly and experimented with so as not to lose interest. I am still a long way from understanding everything in HA. At the moment, the combination of Homey and HA is still the optimal combination for my Smart Home.

1 Like

I think it depends on what you call Homey. Athom has taken the reputation of what is now called Homey Pro and put that label on Homey cloud. I believe Athom thinks that is where the future is, and where all their effort goes..

Believe in what fits you, but, to me they show the opposite:

• Pro

• Cloud / bridge

This list seems unaltered for months now:

But I believe you just seem to be a bot or troll

Right after registration you post this message after reading less than a minute here…

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I purchased the Homey Bridge because it seemed like their way forward. The next big iteration, the future.

But we’ve been stuck in a beta without any improvement for months now. It feels like they released the Bridge before actually knowing exactly how to do it, and I feel abandoned. Especially now I see the Pro still gets monthly updates.

And, just like mikeh says, I have to reset my bridge at least once per week to keep Z-Wave working. This isn’t even beta quality i.m.o. Z-Wave is one of the core components, it’s not like I’m doing anything special. Also, flows often (biweekly?) don’t run properly, even with Hue which is one of the largest IoT platforms (so I guess Hue compatibility can be seen as core functionality as well).

Meanwhile, I’ve been slowly migrating to Home Assistant. It’s sad a free product has better features than a paid product. I purchased Homey because I wanted a ‘fire and forget’ solution, and I was willing to pay for it. But so far, Homey Bridge isn’t stable, so I might as well switch to Home Assistant. It has a high ‘hobby’ vibe as well, but at least it’s actively developed.

1 Like

Hopefully this will show that Homey is not dead :wink:

9 Likes

“a powerful new feature for Homey Pro available as a one-time purchase” … maybe it’s not totally dead … if you want to pay more and you have a “pro” :wink:

It just shows Homey Pro isn’t dead :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes