Homey Pro range

What is the actual range on Homey Pro with nexa, fibaro and telldus devices (wallplugs).

Asking because I am in the process of converting from Telldus Net and Fibaro Homecenter 3 which both have +30 meters range with the above devices

I can’t reach the devices if they are more than 10 meters outside the house/Homey Pro (wooden walls 300mm)

Tried with Fibaro, Aeotech, Telldus, Nexa. +10meter outside does not work, Same receivers +30meter with Telldus Net and Fibato HC3 works like a charm Updated to latest software in Homey

The Z-Wave device did not respond. (TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK

Please share your Homey Developer Tools, just the nodes.

+10 meters for the first device is probably not going to work. Zwave and zigbee create a mesh network, so you can cover a distance of X meters, by adding a number of router devices (= all 230V and most USB powered zwave devices) in between

Range to first device is 10 meters, and Homey cant reach it “The Z-Wave device did not respond. (TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK

If I do exactly the same with Telldus Net or HC3 with only one device added the range is almost 30m

I also get “Homey is offline. Please check your network connection and try again.” .

This happens regularly about every 30-60 minutes. After rebooting Homey, it works for 30-60 minutes again

Homey pro is about 1-2 m from the access point, have also tried moving it closer to other access points, I use Unify. When this happens with Homey, all other Wi-Fi devices are connected to the access points, i.e. only Homey loses the connection

10m is too far away.

Instead of moving Homey, better use band steering, transmit power or MAC filtering to force Homey to connect to ONE access point only.

It doesn’t matter if I force it to connect to a specific access point or use band steering, problem persists

I just bought a Popp outdoor device , Fibaro Dimmer 2 FGD-212 and Fibaro Single Switch 2 FGS-213 All of these are in the Homey Pro Apps device list

But… When adding Dimmer 2 from Fibaro device list I get this…
“Your dimmer 2 is currently calibrating, this should take about 20s…
After 5-10min there is an error Cant add your device…”

So i tried the above new devices with Fibaro HC3, and it works instantly

I can add the above devices as “Fibaro Z-Wave” but then it looses functionality

• Popp outdoor switch - reduced functionality(energy meter not working)
  • Nexa ZBD-110 - reduced functionality (dimmer function makes the lamp “flash”)
  • Fibaro Single Switch 2

But if I add Fibaro Dimmer 2 FGD-212 as a Homey Z-Wave device it is detected as Fibaro Dimmer 2 which is included in the list of devices in Homey’s fibaro app, but if you select it there, it is not possible to add it

As for the range problem, If i understand it correct, I need a Z-wave device closer than 10m from Homey Pro in order to build a “mesh network”

The problem is that the closest power socket to plugin a z-wave device is 11m from where Homey is connected

Another thing I discovered is that if you connect Z-Wave devices, activate them in Homey (Set to On) and then disconnect them from the power, they appear in Homey as being turned on

If you have entered power consumption in, for example, the Nexa AN-179 and it was switched on when you disconnected it from the power supply, Homey still logs its power which is displayed as total consumption

This is too many problems for me as I switched to Homey to get “better functionality” and better support for other devices. Unfortunately, it was the other way around

I will test further and see if it can be solved before I give up :wink: