Homey Pro - Luminosity sensor

Hello,

Which indoor luminosity sensors working well with Homey do you advice to buy please?

Thanks!

Which radio protocol do you prefer?

ZigBee or Z-Wave will be fine! Thanks!

Using Xiaomi Mijia Smart Light Sensor, works fine since the time I have purchased them.

Probably Aeotec multisensor 7 would be nice as well but it’s expensive

I’m using Philips Hue Motion Sensor (Zigbee) and Fibaro (zwave) Motion Sensor, and happy with both.

Advantage of the Philips Hue is that you can use normal batteries, but Fibaro has more configuration options.

Duscher, thanks. But, do these sensors report lux values independent from motion events?
Just checking, while my Aqara and Tuya motions sensors only send lux values when a motion event is sent; which is insufficient imho when TS is looking for a lux meter.

Yes.

2 Likes

Mh, good question, I’m not really using the lux values.
For Fibaro and Hue a reporting threshold can be set

I checked Insights in the 6 hour view, and I can see changes as definded in settings, e.g. for a Hue SML003 every 1 minute.

1 Like

I use the following sensors and am generally happy with all of them. But the most sensors are Motion Sensors with build-in lux sensors.

• Zigbee
    Xiaomi Light Sensors (lumi.sen_ill.mgl01, - Aqara App)
    Philips Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor (SML002, - Philips Hue, without the bridge App)
  • Z-Wave
    NEO Coolcam Motion Sensor (NAS-PD02ZE and NAS-PD02ZE - NEO Coolcam App)
    Fibaro Motion Sensor (FGMS-001 and FGMS-001-Plus, Fibaro App)

If you need just a cheap light sensor without additional functions, then I would recommend the really tiny Xiaomi Light Sensor. But afaik, there are different types available. So please check the ID, if the sensor is supported.

1 Like

Looking on the Philips Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor (SML002), does the sensor periodically update luminosity value even without detecting movement ? This is eg. disadvantage of Aqara motion sensors

Yes, independend
I have 3 of these (for motion).
I used the group app to group them for lux measurement.

I am using the “lowest value of the group” to determine if it is dark outside.
This way the status of “its dark” is more reliable as it is not influenced by other light sources (car lights) or position of the sun (I got one sensor on the front and one on the back of the house
IMG_2387

1 Like

Yes, there is no need to trigger the motion alarm. This is the current interval of my SML002, so about every 5 minutes and I use the Philips Hue, without the bridge app:

The interval can be changed in the device settings:

1 Like