Homey Pro (early 2023) - Order updates

Almost

1 Like

Yes, something to play around with in the upcoming weekend!

What youā€™re gonna do Henk? directly transfer everything to the new or waiting?

I think Iā€™ll add it as a second Homey and not migrate (yet?) install my apps manually to see how they go.
And then gradually transfer some devices.

Depending on how that goes, Iā€™ll take it from there I think.

Iā€™m also cautious about the migration since I havenā€™t seen any experiences yet with a (large) migration. Iā€™ll probably wait a while. Adding everything (160 Z-Wave devices alone) manually wonā€™t be an option anyway.

I think if you do it this way there is no way back if you transfer some devicesā€¦ its everything or nothing because setting a back up on it, it will remove the other devices right?

Iā€™m think the same way @Martijn_C I saw your project and that al lot of work to pair manually again. I have also many devices behind my outlets and some other on places hard to reach.

Nice to hear! :slight_smile: And yeahā€¦ someone has to go firstā€¦ but I trust Athom, that they did some testing.

for me personally, I donā€™t mind if something doesnā€™t work yet but my other halfā€¦ :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

I will use it as a test device to check if the apps I use are stable on the new homey. Then restore a backup of my secondary homey to the new homey, see how that goes. And last if thatā€™s successful and stable I will restore my primary homey to the new Pro and setup my entire zigbee network.

Got also one Mail from Athom, Order Nr. is #479XX :star_struck:
This weekend iĀ“m not at Home :cry: , but i think, they send it from NL, so to Germany it will take 3-4 days. Next week will be Homey Time :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Thatā€™s exactly what I intend to do. Building new flows in the new Homey and transferring apps/devices once they work. And I will keep the old one as a satellite for some apps/devices. And yes mine will be arriving shortly as well. :star_struck:

I applaud the enthusiasm! Takes way too much time for me. And of course all the complaining about (the lack of) a migration tool months ago should not have been for nothing! :wink:

Yes, and what I read from some people most works on the new homey, only zigbee devices need to be repaired. most what I have is shelly, Fibaro/aeotec and hue. maybe Iā€™ll give it a try :face_with_monocle: :thinking:

Just heard some disturbing migration experiences in Slackā€¦

Zigbee is unstable, randomly unavailable after reboots / upgrades. Backup must be turned of as it seems to trigger all apps to crash and device ending up in bootloop. Some cards not finished so unavailable. Lots of variables did not go through during migration (variables in cards). Rf devices not working anymore. BLE devices not working anymore. Welp, kind of unfinished :frowning: but once it works it works but I do not see they come public with these problems so seems like they try to hide it and hope for the best :thinking:

So, after some discussion his feedback changed a little for the best. :blush: most things are known issues. Fortunately.

Ah I might have told it a bit wrong. The migration went well, the part where the HP23 was not ready to run everything was the annoying part of the migration. The Z-wave devices was working out of the box after the restore of the new HP23. The flows were mostly working but some of the ā€œvariablesā€ selected in the flow cards were not there anymore. So variables was transferred but the flow cards I had to re-select some of the variables. Do not remember which type of cards but some just was reset and I had to re-select the correct variables.

Zigbee devices (if zigbee worked) had to be repaired. Meaning going into the device, press repair and follow instructions (e.g. press reset 3 times on the device). Then it was added and worked as normal.

Some apps did not load / crashed / not worked with hp23. So a lot of flows and logic were broken since those devices was unavailable. And some of the official cards like the battery one one was not there when I migrated but it has since been added.

So they ARE working on it. Just it seems like it is slow due to only internal issue tracking :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing a few tech savvy early adopters canā€™t cope with.

3 Likes

O boyā€¦ Was it a recent comment? I have >4000 variables used in cards, so that might be an issue for me :wink: Also zigbee is one of the main reasons I bought the new Homey. I want to do a clean zigbee install anyway, but then it needs to be stable of course.

@robertklep that depends. Iā€™m tech savvy but I donā€™t have time to fix the whole system, if it gets f*** up. And if it happens it ā€˜breaksā€™ the house with no way back. But again, Iā€™ll wait and see. No rush.

@TKroon yeah just a few minutes ago. But that person seems a little salty anyways. :sweat_smile:

oh, come on. You just canā€™t keep your bad mood for yourself, can you?

3 Likes

if you donā€™t agree with how Athom is handling this what are you still doing here? is it necessary under every post of someone who likes receiving his new homey to immediately take away that feeling?

youā€™re probably right about everything but to repeat it over and over again

4 Likes

it has started :slight_smile: (probably)