Homey Pro (early 2023) - Order updates

End of Feb
Still nothing grrrr …maby feb 2024?

Curious how many people that really really want it right now, but then when they get it will be disappointed because something isn’t working yet as they expect it to work and then just get angry about it, cause yes there are still issues that can cause this as it is very much in a beta stage.

3 Likes

Then Athom must wait with pre-orders till the are ready for it :wink:

1 Like

Did you already receive a Homey Pro 2023, @Caseda?

I’m actually quite happy that I only ordered my Homey in December and my order no. starts with 69.
I don’t expect my delivery to arrive until April. At least that protects me from getting angry about an unfinished system. Athom should not start delivery until the system is working reasonably well.

3 Likes

Yes, but are definitely not thinking of replacing my current Homey 2019 because of the current software state, only using it for testing/development purposes.

2 Likes

I thought so.

Yes, my number is on the list to be shipped next week!

Could you elaborate a little? Does Homey run stable? And the apps? Are the flow cards working correctly?

I have not tested all 800+ apps that are in the app-store (and SDKv3) sorry, but there are just some quirks that happen because it is a new device, zigbee suddenly not responding at all, Z-wave not responding at all.
ZigBee not supporting everything yet (like interviewing a device isn’t supported yet) or what is mentioned the latest blog post.

The pretty big changes in SDKv3 that is running on the new Homey Pro vs the spheres being such different in some ways that breaks apps (which is very, very app depended).
Just lots of tiny/small quirks in apps that aren’t working correctly yet, enough to be annoyed at if you would have migrated.

Don’t get me wrong, it is improving pretty quickly, but just not there yet.
Haven’t seen a red/purple ring of death come by yet for example.

1 Like

Thanks! By “apps” I just meant the apps you use :wink: probably Chronograph, Aqara, Hue, etc.

Zigbee not responding is a big deal indeed. I hope they fix most of the issues in the next two weeks. My current Homey has issues as well, like zigbee and processing power limitations. When I install the new Homey and migrate all zigbee devices, there is no way back.

Next week’s Thursday I have a day off, which would be ideal to setup my new homey powerhouse :grin:

It is pretty difficult to (fully) test all the apps that I use without having to fully migrate, most devices (75%+) (Z-Wave and ZigBee) can’t connect to 2 controllers.

1 Like

So in reality, I will receive a device somewhere in the next two weeks and will have to keep in in the box for a few months probably because for me it has to work to be viable.

And once you migrate, it would probably be a pita to go back to the old Homey.

No you are allowed to open the box. But you need to be aware it is possible not everything works instantly. Glitches are a bonus for the early adaptors.

This is the reason i will not migrate but will start from scratch. Device for device, and flow after flow. That way i hope to get the most out of it.

3 Likes

Yes, I will do the same. Keep my original Homey parallel or as a satellite and slowly moving functionality to the HP2023

1 Like

I guess we can maybe also copy/paste advanced flows from one Homey to the other?

I think it might be easier to setup the new Homey with a backup, and then disable the flows you want to keep running on your old Homey. Otherwise you might be missing logic, devices, apps, etc which would break your flows.

What i don’t know, what will happen if i use the backup. All devices go to the new Homey and can’t be used in the old one? That way the flows in the old Homey are partly corrupted.

So if it doesn’t work correctly in the new Homey i have to add that device manually into the old Homey and repair the flow? But will the old Homey work with the flows that were migrated on the new Homey. Lot of answers for me.

With this in mind, migrating looks not very attractive at this moment.

I hope someone could clear this out for me. Migrating would be very comfortable.

My intention would also to use the old Homey upstairs unless the new Homey can cover my whole house. Sometimes there are minor Zwave/Zigbee problems with the distance/reach.

But the old homey can’t communicate with the new one right? So it can’t be used as a satellite?

Communicating no, but as a satellite it can
Link