[Homey Pro (Early 2023)] App unsupported list

I used the search functionality, but didn‘t found this. Sorry for that! Great news to me. You made my day anyways :grinning:

2 Likes

Caseda
If you actually checked the first post, you would have found a replacement app 29 for sensitive strips.

I can’t get my Strips “guard” to be recognized by this app. It gets as far as the 2 green ticks then “please wait while your device is being added…”, then fails with with “could not reach the device anymore. Please retry…closer to Homey”. Of course the device is already fixed in place so have to move Homey to less than one metre, which in any case makes no difference. I left a support ticket with the developer. Response was : “We have not made any changes to the app, so this seems to be an update from Homey that has made Strips unusable. We are reaching out to Homey to get this resolved as soon as possible”. In the meantime, I’d suggest the Sensative app is moved to the " Support for Homey Pro (Early 2023) is in progress/test category"

This is the wrong topic to ask for support for a device.

@Caseda I’m not seeking support here: I’m merely responding to your assertion about a replacement app: It doesn’t work

It failing during inclusion isn’t an app issue, but either a device issue or a Homey issue, it could fall asleep during inclusion, failing it (device “issue”), or Homey’s zwave core just isn’t stable enough yet.
The app has nothing to do with the inclusion process besides it showing a nice image and explaining how to enter exclusion/inclusion mode.

Well I guess since the 30+ devices were working fine with the 2019 pro and the previous app and the new 2023 pro z-wave was supposed to be ‘better’ I assumed the new app was the issue. If, as you say, the app has nothing to do with it, then it must be an issue with the 2023 z-wave. Where/how is that supposed to be reported?

I believe you should have seen a huge banner everytime you open up the mobile app on where to send in support requests, unless you of course have never opent the mobile app.
Also on the early access page there is a nice link to their support form.

The passive aggressive thing isn’t really necessary (the “huge banner” I get is for a status page, not a bug report), but thanks for the links

And on that status page is very clear info about how to get help and report bugs:

There is no need to call the ones that are trying to help you and point you in the right direction (as this banner ìs the right direction) passive aggressive.

1 Like

There is an official App “Sensative Strips”.

This works well at Homey 2023

1 Like

The Abus smoke detectors didn’t work with the Heimann app. Have 5 of them worked well with the old homey.

Same problem with the ABUS motion and Windows detectors

Have you tried the Heiman app test version?

My status is still the same. Didn’t migrate from HP19 to HP23, so I didn’t tried the Abus smoke detector on the HP23 with the Heiman app. What is sure, the Abus app doesn’t work on the HP23.

Thanks @DirkG
With test version and adding the smoke sensor as an Homey Z-Wave device, it finds the ABUS Smoke sensors as Heimann units.

Now we need a solution for the door sensors and the motion dectors :slight_smile:

No it doesn’t. It doesn’t recognise Strips “Guard” (as of App Version 2.0.0, Homey Version
10.0.0-rc.122)

This isn‘t an uncommon Problem in Zwave Networks.

Have the same problem with other components which work properly with other systems.

All my sensitive strips work fine with the homey app

1 Like

Started converting a retired Domoticz app from SDK2 to SDK3, work-in-progress

3 Likes

Hi, I just included with HP23 8 Sensative Strips Guard without major issues. 5 of them were old and required reset (see for manual) and 3 were new. The only uncommon thing was, that after the first inclusion step (3 short blinks) I was not able to continue with the 2nd inclusion step (with 3 short blinks) before I have seen a long blink which appeared when I’ve put the magnet on the edge side. As they were mounted at different windows on the house, they inclusion worked via Z-Wave repeaters, no need to be in short range to HP.

1 Like

The homey 2019 pro update 8.1.5 says:

• [Apps] Update Apps SDK v3.

Does this mean that the sdk v2 apps which are not yet in sdk v3 are not working after the update?

Not the topic for that question, as that version is for Homey Pro (2016-2019).
But no, as long as it doesn’t say "remove SDKv2 support", SDKv2 apps will keep working.
It is just an update of the already 2,5 years old SDKv3 that is running on the older Homey Pro’s

2 Likes