Homey presence issue FW 7.xxx

Turn the automatic discovery off, and set your location manually on the map.
For me Homey Geo works pretty well that way. With 1 phone that is.
But, if you use 2 phones with te same account and carry both of them with you, I guess that could work.

For me, the build-in presence feature also works very smoothly (iOS). I have also turned off the automatic location.
Apart from that, the functionality depends primarily on the quality of the mobile network.
But I can’t say, if 2 phones with the same Homey user could cause these problems. So why don’t you turn off presence detection on one phone if you always have both phones with you anyway?

1 Like

Same story here, my Homey’s geo location is off by 10km and presence function is not working well on my IOS 15 device, same dor my wife.
Could be the IOS15 update or the last Homey update.

Even with the suggestions made in the 2 previous messages?

I have the same problem on both my and my husband’s iPhone 6. On both it started around 5 o’clock this afternoon. All this time automatic location worked fine.

Hi Ria,
Can this be related?

I have mqtt homey, mgtt mosquitto on synology, presence enable homey I tasted all but not working correct ios 15 and the last 15.2 not fix it. I’m very frustrated because apple not fix it and I dont have any idie how can fix. Someone any solution this…

More detailed but only in German language:

The most reliable method for me is the HomeKit workaround.

What isn’t working? Presence isn’t related to MQTT nor to your Synology.

mqtt broker run synology all ios devices connected owntracks app but many times not push location but iphone settings location always…

So you have iOS, Owntracks, MQTT, Synology DSM and Homey that all need to function 100% for it to work. Sounds like there are many possibilities to this to fail (I don’t have any issues with iOS 15 presence and Home Assistant).

1 Like

But owntracks is a separate app right? What doesn’t work? As what @robertklep says, so many variables… I’m just using the normal presence of homey and apart from having to manually set my home location it runs fine on at least four iOS devices.

Yes and I always 1 testing the mqtt broker run synology, owntracks all ios devices and Ho,oey owntracks app name location and persence. but many times not reported location. Now stop mqtt and mqtt flow and testing homey presence and yesterday my dougthers and wife not work, only my presence work. And I realy dont understund why? I’m not a geneus but work IT 25 years…

It anyone knew exactly why it’s failing, it would have been solved already. Athom should address this, the community can only offer workarounds for when Homey’s presence doesn’t work. You can ask Athom about it: support@athom.com

1 Like

Totally agree .

Ive only seen one quick post by Athom about this on Slack in which they blame Apple , and that’s it it. (Nothing on here at all)

The forum has been totally going upside down on this for awhile now…

I can’t definitively say what the actual technical cause is but my Home Assistant setup works perfectly and many other geo location type App’s on IOS also work perfectly fine …, ? ?

I can see people are really starting to get P off…

It never worked accurate for me also. I wanted to have flows starting like open garage door etc when i arrive home but homey geofence always worked 10 minutes too late.
So i installed owntracks with location and presence homey app. Check the tuto on the forum and you will be good :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me it only works when the app is running in the background.

I have sent Athom an e-mail regarding this issue. Hopefully I receive next weer an answer. If so, I let you know. :sweat_smile:

ps. Athom uses a new support link. The mail address does not work anymore. :sweat_smile:

You have tried to send an email directly to a support email address of ours, probably to try to create a new support request. Unfortunately, this is not the correct way to get in touch with our support team, so no support ticket is created at this moment.

To get support for your question, please use our Knowledge Base via https://support.homey.app. It provides a whole host of information as well as a structured contact form in case you still have questions or issues, which helps our support team help everyone better.

Thanks for your understanding.

All the best,

The Homey Support Team

I guess that’s one way to limit the number of support requests: instead of actually fixing things, just make it more difficult for users to request support.

1 Like

Or redirect the users to a page to promote them to at least do one search.

1 Like

Hello all,

I have the same issues with the Homey presence detection. I made a reliable workaround for the time being(iOS only, Homekit app required). I made 1 virtual switch for each device, and 2 flows in Homey; home/away. When virtual device is turned off; person is gone, turned on; person is home. Then, I made 2 automations inside the iOS Home app, to, when a person leaves switch the virtual device off. When the person comes home; switch on.