Homey Official Apps

Hi Homey Team,

Do I still need purchase a HUB separately for any specify smart device manufacturer, if Homey supports the APP mentioning “Official”. Can I assume the communicating protocols (Zigbee, Z-wave, wifi etc) will manage from the Homey Pro Hub configured through these “Official” developed Apps.

Are these Homey Official Apps free for Homey Pro Customers for all the manufacturers mentioned on the Homey Website?

For my smart home solution, I plan to purchase smart devices from Innr, Ikea Tradfri, Lutron Caseta, Aqara, Philip Hue and Sengled which support Homey supports Official App. Hence i would like to know if I need to purchase the HUB for all these manufactures.

No! You definately should check.

“Official” isn’t related to “Need hub Y/N”
It just means it’s made by Athom, or by a brand/manufacturer.

(With the upcoming Matter technology, the need for original hubs should get lower in time probably)

When you search the app store, you’ll find apps for with and apps for without the original manufacturers hub.
I.e. Philips Hue and Ikea.
Other apps always or partly need the manufacturers hub, like Gardena, Somfy io (Tahoma/Connexoon)
Also an app’s page should mention you’ll need a hub, and often it provides for links to the app’s forum topic, where often much more relevant info is present.
And when it’s unclear, just ask in that app topic.

Also note when a brand has an app, it’s not by default supporting all models sold.
So check for the supported devices on the app’s app store page also.

1 Like

Hi Nixon,

just some general information:

1. The name of the company is Athom. The products are named Homey, Homey Bridge and Homey Pro.
  2. This is a community forum and your posts, questions and suggestions will not be read by Athom. So if you want to reach out Athom, then you have to use the Athom support Internet site (Link).
1 Like