Homey moods with govee

I use 3 Philips Hue lights and 3 Govee lights in my living room. I would like to create some standard moods for the living room, but I’m having trouble getting the Govee lights to cooperate. Is there a solution for this?

First of all, welcome to the Homey Community!

To make sure you are aware of the forum rules, please read the Welcome to the forum! post here.

No, if you don’t provide information about the problem, no one can give you a solution.
[Tip] Problems with Homey?

1 Like

Yes, excuse me.

I use 3 Philips Hue lights and 3 Govee lights in my living room. I would like to create some standard moods for the living room, but I’m encountering issues with the Govee lights not responding when I try to control them via moods, while the Philips Hue lights work perfectly.

When setting moods, I select all 6 lights (both Govee and Hue) and attempt to use the pre-set options in moods.

Another method that doesn’t work is setting the three Govee lights to a specific color via the Govee app, then doing the same for the Hue lights using the Hue app. I then open the Homey app and save these settings in a custom mood. However, when I switch between two custom moods, only the Hue lights respond.

Skip this… that can only work if the changes you make are instand visible in Homey.

Just do everything from the Homey app.

Are you able to set all lights to the state you want from Homey?

Hi Dijker,

I was on holiday!

I can manually set each light bulb, and they also work with flows.

Does this mean that moods are not available for the Govee lamps?

No, moods should work with all Lights.
Just set all lights like the mood you want and create the new Mood with all lights.

I don’t understand waht doesn’t work but I have no Govee myself.

Show us what issue you see.

Hi Dijker,

What doesn’t work is that the Govee light bulbs do not respond when I add them in a mood.
The color won’t change while the Hue light bulbs do.

Is there a way I can upload logs? or see logs to analyze them for any errors?

It seems that as soon as I want to control them with moods, they also go into “failure” and give no response.

For support or issue resolution, first have a look at support.athom.com. If you are unable to find the answer to your question on support.athom.com you can send a support request to Athom via https://support.athom.com/hc/requests/new.

If you need help you can read more about how to submit a support request.

When filing a support request, make sure you add all necessary information so Athom can help you as quickly as possible.

After making a ticket, Homey pushed a test version (v.2.10.0). Moods work now with the Govee light bulbs.