Homey Dashboards — Public Beta Megathread

read the first post

What resolution is necessary for a 3 column layout on a tablet?

But you can still have multiple dashboards even if each one is a single column.

For everyone having 2 columns on their iPad and wanting to have 3 columns:

We are working on update for the Dashboard so that older devices such as iPad Air 9.7 inch and iPad mini can support 3 columns instead of 2 columns.

For this to work you have use the smallest font-size on your iPad and then restart the homey app.

I hope we can ship this update by the end of the week :crossed_fingers:

cc. @_Rob @RobbertV @Johan_Huisman @Fryar

16 Likes

Great idea, we have some plans to create a note widget :ok_hand:

4 Likes

@Harwin Thanks to you and all the developers of Homey :slight_smile:

4 Likes

On my Galaxy Tab S4 (2560 x 1600) I am only getting 2 columns on a screen. I would like see it to be 3. Is this something that will be possible in the future?

Hi, first thank you for dashboard. I think it’s brilliantly thought out.

• But on my tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 I can´t fit three graphs in screen. One is cutted. Would be possible allow us to define height of widget, so we could fit it? Or you could calculate screen and divide by 3.

• I like idea of creating dashboard and be able to use it on any device under all users, so everyone see same and I do not have to set it several times. But I do not understand idea to have “HomeScreen”, which is kind of independent dashboard saved only on device. I would like to be able select any dashboard in “HomeScreen”. Would that be possible?

2 Likes

Hi there, installed testflight on my iPad and then I’m wondering where to find my invitaion to join the beta? In de description of testflight this is stated: Getting started

To test beta versions of apps and App Clips using TestFlight, you’ll need to accept an email or public link invitation from the developer

Where and how do I get an invatation please?

Thank you so much :heart:

Added a simple widget to view the live status of a Twitch channel to my app, currently in test.

4 Likes

@Harwin
A suggestion for the widget SDK, to make it much more capable:

Either the capability to provide a custom settings HTML template, just like how we implement the pair wizard for a driver OR provide a callback function to load custom options into the selector, including not just a string, but also bits of HTML for each option (and then also add the option to make it single or multiselect)

Coincidently I’ve made a web widget for that yesterday.

Unfortunately it’s not a full featured Homey app.

4 Likes

Hi. This morning I had this problem(see attached picture), when I was trying to open Homey app from android phone. I have Homey pro 2023. Web app works normally. Not sure what caused this problem, as yesterday evening I was playing with dashboards, but this morning app didin’t open anymore. What could be the problem?

Well now it seems to work again, so it fixed itself. No problem anymore. :slightly_smiling_face:

Omg this looks amazing!! Wish it was available.

Home Assistant and Homey Dashboard in combination.
Homey calls up the HA Dashboard via the URL.

9 Likes

i just gone to beta app to try dashboards. on android 12 i get error invalid refrech token

@Vesa_Laine Thank you for reporting this bug. We will fix this specific issue because it will happen again.

Could you tell me exactly which widgets you are using? This will help use to narrow down the problem.

Many thanks!

had to clear all… very strange but it did work